Thread: Word 2007 - contacting the server for information. Press ESC to cancel

Word 2007 - contacting the server for information. Press ESC to cancel

Hello,
    Whenever I try to copy - paste in Word (Office 2007) I have a deadlock: the hourglass and bottom of the screen to open the page, I see this message: contacting the server for information. Press ESC to cancel.

Therefore, I can not copy and paste the text or picture. I do not know how to solve this problem, and I thank you for your help me.

Re: Word 2007 - contacting the server for information. Press ESC to cancel

Hello,

It seems that the office can not connect to the Internet, look toward your firewall.

Go into your firewall and make sure office applications are not blocked there. Because its sounds like word 2007 trying to connect to internet, its just my thought.

Hello,

I have the same problem with the status bar (bottom), and the same message for opening a document on the network.

Outcome document has super long open ...

Have you found a solution for this problem?

Thank you

Good evening,
    In Word, I have not found a solution. Cependant to solve this problem, I copy and paste in wordpad I and I removes often images or scripts! And I copy the text again and paste in word. This is the only solution I found. I still can not understand why Word tries to connect to server?
    Good late evening.

I can be found the answer . This message may appear if your document includes items such as pictures or files, added the paper the following ways:

• Using the Paste Special command (under the Home tab, click the arrow under Paste, click Paste Special on the Clipboard group), then clicking on the Paste Link option.
    • Selecting the Object command (Insert tab, click Object, click Object in the Text group), then clicking on the Link to File option tab Create from File.
    • By selecting the Link command file, or Insert and link in the dialog box Insert an image (Insert tab).
    • In selecting the Insert as link in the dialog Insert File (Insert tab).

If you are unsure if your document contains articles and linked files, put it up to date with caution. To control when and how Word updates objects or files linked in the documents, use the following functions:
    • To prevent Word to the links automatically update when a file is open, click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options, then Advanced. In the General section, uncheck the Update check connections at the opening.
    • To prevent Word to the links automatically update when a file is printed, click the Microsoft Office Button, Word Options, then Display. Under Printing options, clear the check box Update data related before printing.

Just click in the Office Menu -> Prepare -> Inspect Document -> Inspect -> Remove All