Thread: Office 2010 Beta malfunction

Office 2010 Beta malfunction

Hello,

Like others I installed Office 2010 beta pack on its release.

If I could also appreciate the more true of Outlook 2010 I had to uninstall after major malfunction of Outlook.

But there BIG PROBLEM despite the uninstall Office Packs 2 through the control panel and a cleaning with CCleaner. After reinstalling the old Outlook 2007, Refusal to work despite the request of the creation of new profiles.

Re: Office 2010 Beta malfunction

I think the Problem is still presence of the office 2010 installation folder. Office 2010 having a Setup Controller directory and uses the directory to check the installed components. You do check he directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\". And delete it.

Have you restarted system after uninstalling office 2010 and installing 2007? reinstall is necessary for other processes to recognize office 2007. Use the Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs option from your Microsoft Windows Control Panel to uninstall Office 2010 Beta from your computer.

I had the same issue few days back, The solution which has functioned for me is Uninstall via the Control Panel 2 packs of office 2007 and 2010
    manual emptying of the registry for the Outlook files for both Office 12 and Office 14.
    • HKEY-CURRENT-USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WindowMessagingSbSystem\Profiles
    • HKEY-CURRENT-USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12o\Outlook
    • 3-resettling Pack Office 2007.

I had similar problem.But i was having this kind of issue between office 2007 and 2003. Office 2007 trial version was pre-installed on my new PC when did i purchased it, sudden It stopped working afterfew days before trial version expire time. The files created in Word could not be accessed. I then tried to uninstall the trial version, which turned out to be impossible. word could not be completely removed. I then installed Office 2003, which did not help. Moreover, whenever I created a new word file i was asked if I wanted to overwrite the old Normal.dot. template. Then i formatted my XP and it worked after formatting.

Same here, Outlook has been improved in terms of "look & feel". Unfortunately, some applications or supplements important for me does not yet work with 2010 Win in 7 (sync Google Calendar with PDA and others). So I had to completely uninstall the two suites in 2007 to resettle properly. I tried living together very strongly discouraged, and I understood why: no way to define a default mail client. Moreover, it had repaired the PST because after I opened back in 2007 on an error ( "data file was created with a newer version" etc) Which was repeated and schedule that mixed the pedals. In brief: 2010 will surely be a very good (pleasant, flexible, fast), but if you use Outlook for work ... expect the final version!

I'm sorry to break in here with my problem but I'm new to the Forum and gon't know how to post a new thread. Perhaps you can help me. I downloaded a new copy of Office 2010 and installed it

My first problem was finding where the installation mechanism had put it. But a more pressing reason to write for help, and the real reason for writing is Outlook 2010 Beta.

It is to be found under Start in the Email section. I can send alright but the curious thing I don't receive correctly addressed email (I have another computer). When I send from this other computer nothing shows up in the new Outlook 2010 Beta but a copy of the email shows up on the SAME computer.

I established a new account in the new Outlook 2010 Beta and test results were OK. When I check I find a record of the account I set up but the program slips into offline mode all by itself. When I go to correct it I find I have only two choices, offline or dial-up. Since my ISP is a cable providor and I operate through a small home network, I am up the creek. What am I doing wrong? Regards, Denzil.