Thread: Extract: error writing to file PackedJarz.7z got this error during Limewire installation

Extract: error writing to file PackedJarz.7z got this error during Limewire installation

Hello everyone i am having a dell inspiron laptop installed with windows 7. As i wanted to use the Limewire for my computer's backup the progress bar at the to stops on the 'Downloading unpacked Jars.7z' but the bottom progress bar completes and threws an error message "This install is corrupt, please reinstall limewire and try again". Please tell me why i am getting this error also tell me how to solve it.

Re: Extract: error writing to file PackedJarz.7z got this error during Limewire installation

You might be getting this error because there might have been an error in transmission of the installer causing it to become corrupt while it was being downloaded. So it will be helpful if you download the file again and delete the previously downloaded file. Don't forget to clear your browser's cache before downloading the file again. After this you can install the Limewire.

Re: Extract: error writing to file PackedJarz.7z got this error during Limewire installation

I don't know what is the reason behind your problem but will try to help you out in this matter. Try to use the offline Installer if you are having some problem with recommended installer. Also please note one thing that recommended Installer is only available for LimeWire basic edition and i hope that this will definitely solve your problem.

I have tried everything but could not find sort out this problem. Both the online installer and the offline installer are unable to complete the installation procedure. Although I looked all over on my computer but couldn't find a trace of Limewire left on my computer. please suggest some other solution to this problem. Anyways thanks for replying me.

It seems as you are not having a 7zip or a compression mechanism that's equal installed or the downloaded file might have corrupted. That's why if possible try to get the 7zip software or equivalent software install it onto your system this will help you to install the lime wire on to your system. Hopefully this will fix your issue.

To get rid of this problem Delete all the limewire directories on your machine using the registry cleaner. In other words try to get the regcleaner.exe over the internet. After installing this delete ll the limewire crap you can find. After this has been done go to the run Regedit. Go to EDIT and FIND. Type 'limewire' and delete every key you find that has limewire in it. Reinstall the limewire it will be installed without any error.