Thread: How to make uneditable powerpoint file

How to make uneditable powerpoint file

I have made a power point presentation for learning computer fundamentals. So that any one who has basic computer knowledge can learn MS-office using this ppt file. But some of the new user accidently change the content of this file so i want to make this powerpoint file uneditable. please tell me whether it is possible to make this ppt file uneditable. If yes, then please specify .
    Last edited by Bearer; 27-01-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Re: How to make an uneditable powerpoint file

For making the powerpoint file uneditable you should convert this file to a pdf file. Because in a pdf file you can disable edition if you want. So firstly complete the powerpoint file and save it now convert it into a pdf file by using a ppt to pdf converter and disable edition . I hope that you will fix this issue soon.
    Last edited by Eric B; 27-01-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Thank you very much Eric B for replying me. I tried to convert the powerpoint file to a pdf file, the file was converted to the pdf file but i could not get the animations anymore that are present in the powerpoint presentation. If possible please suggest an alternate method which will keep the animation of the ppt file enabled.

Well to make a powerpoint file uneditable. Create the file and then Save The File as a 'Powerpoint Show' Under Save As. This will make the file uneditable that means none of the viewer can edit the content of the file . They can simply view this file but all sort of edition will be disabled if you save your ppt file as a powerpoint show.

Re: How to make uneditable powerpoint file

I think that you need to create a password for this purpose. So click on the tools menu and select options and then click the security tab. To create a password for opening a presentation, type a password in the Password to open box, and then click OK. If you want to create a password for modifying a presentation type a password in that box and then click OK. This will make your powerpoint file uneditable without the password.

Re: How to make uneditable powerpoint file

In order to make a powerpoint file uneditable only one option is available that is making a powerpoint show you can make powerpoint show by selecting powerpoint show under the Save As option. This will not allow user to edit the content of the file and after that the accidental deletion of the content can be prevented.