Thread: Accelerate access to files on an NTFS partition

Accelerate access to files on an NTFS partition

How To Accelerate access Files In NTFS Partition? I want to seek help here about how to accelerate visiting the files in NTFS partition. The 2GB Nandflash in my demo used for multimedia data, was formatted with NTFS firstly, and I created a file "disk1" which is 1.7GB on..And all other drives are NTFS, but i feels my drives are slwo, so how can i make them fast access?

Re: Accelerate access to files on an NTFS partition

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

NTFS fragmentation can surprise any person familiar with file system operation . NTFS fast format doesn't do a surface test of all sectors to make sure they're ok. I'd suggest spending the extra time and letting it take longer to check all the sectors. As far as FAT32 vs NTFS, I'd always recommend NTFS over FAT32. NTFS is a file system, which means that you're far less likely to experience a problem if you have an unexpected power loss or your power supply fails. NTFS also supports compression, security attributes, and I think it handles file fragmentation more gracefully than FAT32, meaning that I think that if you have two disks identically fragmented, with the only difference being that one is NTFS and the other is FAT32, that the NTFS disk would be faster.

By default, disk drives using the NTFS updates the date and time of last access to a directory or file. The more directories and files, plus the access time will be long. If you do not need this update, you can easily disable it.

Click on " Start ", " Run ... " Click then type "regedit" and click "OK"

Go to the key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Filesystem"

Create or edit the DWORD value named " NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate "And set its value" 1 " .

Do a NTFS partition fragmentation, NTFS is already a faster partition. I think i ssue is without your other hardware such as RAM and processor. Please list your PC specifications so that we can help you. And keeping many applications running same time also cause PC to process slow.