Thread: Date in excel is not displayed correctly

Date in excel is not displayed correctly

I am using ms office 2007 from last couple of years also i have never faced any problem with it. But to my surprise now i have started to get a problem. Whenever i try to insert a 05/01/10 the date in the respective cell changes to 00/01/1900 which is also preceeded by an equal to"=" sign. please tell me how can i set my date in my excel sheet so that it is displayed correctly

Re: Date in excel is not displayed correctly

It seems as you are getting this error because either your date is not correct or you have selected a wrong time zone and that's why the excel sheet is displaying the wrong dates . So i will suggest you to correct your date first and if this does not sove the issue then change your time zone and i hope this will solbe this problem.

I think that your ms office program has been corrupted and it needs a repair so i would suggest you to repair the office program and check. If this is not doing the trick then please uninstall the Ms-office and then reinstall it again this will definitely do the trick for you and the date will be displayed correctly in your program.

By default Excel stores the dates with 1 for 1 january 1900. Hence it seems as some internal error in Excel. The equal to sign is also not correct. In excel when you enter a date it is in the form of strings which is converted to a number by doing some internal calculations. So it looks like your program is corrupted so repairing it would solve the issue.

I tried all the suggestions but could not get any help. I changed both the date and time zone (which were already correct ). I also tried to format the cells to both numbers and text and this change also could not help me. so if you have any other ideas please help me . Anyway thanks for replying me

This is because the integer part of the cell value is zero. which is due to a formula that evaluates to less than one. Most probably it seems as a formula =5/1/2010 which is less than zero because 5 divided by 1 divided by 2010 which will result to 0.0024 . If you see the integer part of this value it is zero "0" and hence you are getting zero. So removing the = sign will solve this.