Thread: How to correct a '##### error' in excel?

How to correct a '##### error' in excel?

Hi Friends,

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 on my computer. While working on excel most of the time time get '##### error' in excel. I am not able to find the exact cause of this excel error. I don't know how to avoid this excel error.
    If anybody know the exact cause or Solution over '##### error' of excel, then please let me aware about that. Your help would be appreciable.

Re: How to correct a '##### error' in excel?

This '##### error' occurs in Microsoft excel when only when the column of the excel sheet isn't wide enough for to display the content. For to get rid over this excel error you need to shrink the contents of the cell to fit the column. And for this you need to select the that specific column of sheet, then on the Format menu, click Cells, click the Alignment tab, and then select the Shrink to fit check box.

Hi friend,

Following are some causes for the '##### error' in excel:
    • If there is a negative number within the cell and which has been formatted for dates or times.
    • A number in a excel cell is too much wide for the cell to display it.
    • The formula within the cell produces a result that is too wide for the cell.

You can try below some tricks to avoid '##### error' in excel:

* Try to change problem cell's format to something other format than a time/date format.

* Try to widen the column of the excel which contains the problem cell.

* Try to correct the negative number from the time/date formatted cell of the excel sheet.

I was also getting the same '##### error' excel error. The cause for this error was I had applied negative value to the date. Suppose you are using the formula for the cell and the result of the excel cell is a one negative value. Then you can display the value by formatting the cell with a format that is not a date or time format. Click Cells on the Format menu, click the Number tab, and then select a format that is not a date or time format. Suppose you are using the 1900 date system, then the values for times and dates in MS Excel should be positive values.

'##### error' of Microsoft excel referred to as “Railroad tracks”, this error can be caused by several conditions. Sometimes it occurs when a column is not wide enough, or a negative date or time is used. For this you need to Increase the width of the column Select the column, point to Column on the Format menu, click Width, and then enter a number.Increase the width of the column Select the column, point to Column on the Format menu, click Width, and then enter a num