Thread: Not able to convert .rar file to .mpeg format

Not able to convert .rar file to .mpeg format

Hi. I have been using Windows Xp as my operating system on my desktop machine. The problem is that I have a .rar file that my friend gave me. he compressed a video file to a .rar in order to reduce the space for transferring. But now as I extracted I am not able to covert it into mpeg format. What is the problem? Please help.

Re: Not able to convert .rar file to .mpeg format

The file that you may have received after extracting the same may not be suited to the converter tool. The application may not be suitable to the file format that us been extracted to get it converted to mpeg format. Check out for the associated file format that may help you in order to get the things to work out for you. Hopefully then you may get to a conclusion.

It may be that the system may have some virus attack due to which you are not able to perform the action that you want to do. Check out by scanning the system with latest antivirus tool. The threats shall be removed if there any. After it is been done remove the detected threat and then try to execute the process. This will relevantly help out in sorting the issue.

The file that is been sent by your friend may have been got corrupt. It may have some bug issue that would have caused the issue that you are not able to covert the file in to the specified format that you want to. There is always a possibility that the application been downloaded or shared may have some bug issue appended to it. So do have a scan check it for the thing first.

There is a possibility that the application software may be corrupted or have some issues appended to the same. The application software in the sense the converter tool that is been installed. You need to reinstall the converter software by uninstalling the same. Click the start button and open the control panel option. Choose add/remove programs and then remove the converter tool that you are using by selecting it from the list.

Try using the latest version of the compression tool or the application software that you use for converting purpose. This may help you out in allowing the things to work in more proper and efficient manner as the advance tool has more features and applications integrated to it. So follow out the needy process and then check out for the change. Hipe fully it should work.

if u have tried same thing before and never had problem then go with post 3 or if its is first time i recommend post no 2