Thread: How to configure update Genies

How to configure update Genies

Hi,
    What are the configuration I have to update Genius. I have a MAC book pro with iTunes 9 in it. I was Genuis before but now the same is not accessible. Is there will be any problem if I update genius after a long time. I had my song library in it and I had not touched it for a long time. It not needed to enable and disable the same.

Re: How to configure update Genies

If you have not activated the update genius then it is certainly not too late! In fact, you can always do this very simply by clicking on the Store menu and then click Enable Genius. Warning! It will need to enter information about your Apple Account. If you do not, you can do it through iTunes, but then you have to have either a prepaid card, either enter your credit card number.

The activation takes time, especially if you have a large number of songs in your library. However, it is possible to use iTunes normally during the procedure. Know that finally Genius harvest information about your library. Apple certifies that they are anonymous, you see what you give credibility to their words.

Genius is always a novelty, the feature is not available for some pieces. If for some this will probably be permanent, for others, just wait until there is enough information about this piece. You can then update Genius to see if it comes not just from being activated. To do this same process you click on the Store menu, then, this time on Update Genius.

For various reasons Genius tool does not work and so it is useless. If you do not want to send information to Apple, then you can disable Genius. To do this, always do the same click on the Store menu, click Disable Genius. By this no information will be sent to Apple. And then later on you can reconfigure that back again.

It is simple to enable or dis bale the Genius. But it is recommended for those you have list of songs. To turn it on go to Store Menu > Enable Genius. This is will make it active. Then to update go to Menu Store > Update Genius. And to stop this then same go to Menu Store > Turn off Genius. By this you can simply manipulate the working of Genius tool