Thread: ePolicy Orchestrator issues for McAfee in Windows 7

ePolicy Orchestrator issues for McAfee in Windows 7

Hi. I have a desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system in it. The thing is that I am not able to push or transfer the epolicy Orchestrator of McAfee antivirus to the newly upgraded operating system that is Windows 7. Why is this happening? I am not able to get it. Please help me out so that I can use the antivirus tool for the same. Thank you.

Re: ePolicy Orchestrator issues for McAfee in Windows 7

It is possible that the the epolciy orchestrator needs to be disabled first so that it may not avoid you to get the thing to install in windows 7. You need to check out for disabling the epolicy on the link that is Disable epolicy. You will get the complete information of how to disable the epolicy in Mcafee antivirus. After it is been done restart the system and then try installing the application again.

It may be that the operating system been highly sophisticated your software may not be able to cope with the same. You need to choose safe mode option in order to perform the aspects that is pushing the epolicy orchestrator. Running the system under safe mode leads to disabling the advanced features that is been installed in Windows 7 and hence you could use the tool very well.

The software that is been installed may need a low featured program in order to perform the function. It is quite essential that you perform a clean boot for the thing:

1) Click on the start button.
    2) Type msconfig and hit enter in the search box menu.
    3) Now under selective startup tab choose Hide all Microsoft services.
    4) Disable the features.
    5) Restart the system.

This should help.

The McAfee is quite incompatible to work with Windows 7. This is the reason you are not able to work with the software application. You need to use another software tool so that it is very much compatible with the operating system and thus work with it. Try Avg 9 antivirus application tool. You can use the software by downloading it from the official site of AVG. Try it out.

The McAfee 8.7i Enterprise edition software works very well under Windows 7. You can use this software tool for getting your system protected from threats and viruses. Update to the latest version of the antivirus. You may then get to better solution to the query that you are facing. Hope this should not be problem for you. Check out.