Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

MPEG files does not work in Windows 7

Windows Software

Old 22-01-2010

MPEG files does not work in Windows 7

Hi,

I have windows 7 on my mac pc , no MPEG files are played. I get Error Message: i get this error message "Error -2048: could not open <<filename.mov>> because it is not a format that Quicktime understands.". I have the latest version of Quicktime 7.0.4. but the same problem. Can you tell me why MPEG files does not work in Windows 7 ???

Old 22-01-2010

Re: MPEG files does not work in Windows 7

I think you are using the old version, try to update component and maybe your problem will get solved. Enter the Apple store using the same account ID as the original purchase.Click the link to download the software history to download the new version (no charge).It could also be a 32/64 bit issue, but I have no experience in that area.
Old 22-01-2010

Try the follow steps to solve you problem :

1. Go to the Library -> Receipts on your main drive (not the folder).

2. Delete all files in the form QuickTime *. pkg, where "*" is a version number. For example, QuickTime600.pkg, QuickTime650.pkg, Quicktime700.pkg and QuickTime701.pkg. This simply tells the system that packages are not installed.

3. Download Quicktime and click "Download Quicktime" link. DO NOT USE THE UTILITY automatic update. Download QuickTimeInstallerX.dmg. Double click this file (probably on your desktop) and then invoke the installation by double-clicking QuickTime701.pkg.
Old 22-01-2010

The MPEG files might be corrupted. It also created the file yourself or someone else to create. You can rename the file to whatever you want. Did you know? that is, you can create a file to txt file.txt and change the extension to File.Move does that mean the file is played through QuickTime. Hope this helps
Old 22-01-2010

Remove the QuickTime completely and then again reinstall, to do this follow the steps below :
  1. Close Player QuickTime Player.
  2. Click Start, click Control Panel.
  3. In the Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs ".
  4. In the list of installed programs, select QuickTime and click "Remove.
  5. When asked about the need to uninstall QuickTime, click "Yes".
  6. After removal does not restart the computer if prompted.
  7. If the Control Panel Add or Remove Programs "lists the other entries on programs for QuickTime, delete them.
  8. Then again reinstall QuickTime
Old 22-01-2010

Thank you. The update addresses the issue. I had already downloaded the file but I did not realize the change in the "Date Modified" or "size". Because the name is not changed, I did not notice the download again a new version. I use the tool to import MPG files into Photoshop CS3 Extended, and this is installed in the new system.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,