Thread: QuickTime 7 : The configuration data for this product is corrupt

QuickTime 7 : The configuration data for this product is corrupt

Hi,

I have a problem with quicktime 7 on mac pc. I have installed windows 7 on my macintosh using bootcamp. When I try to install QuickTime on my windows 7 , the windows installer gives me error message"The configuration data for this product is corrupt" and when I run the installation from the Apple website it says: "unable to delete the earlier version of quicktime. Contact our technical support group" Why I am not able to install QuickTime on windows 7 ???

Re: QuickTime 7 : The configuration data for this product is corrupt

Apple application support is a separate application required for the latest versions of QuickTime (and iTunes) to run. First remove the old QuickTime version from you pc by going to "Add or Remove Programs" control panel. Then restart you pc. Is supportive of Apple applications that are in there? If so, select the Apple application support, click "change" and then click "repair".

I have the same problem with my laptop running with Vista, and tried repeatedly to install Itunes and Quick Time via the website of Apple, but the installer gives me this:

"Unable to delete the older version of Apple Software Update. Contact your technical support group."

I tried to remove with "Apple Software Update" via my control panel, but a window "Windows Installer" window opens and I see it: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource not available. Click OK to try again or type in the box below another path to a folder containing the installation package 'AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi'. "

Here's my problem, I hope you'll solve thank you in advance!
    Windows Vista Home and Internet Explorer 7

There is an easier way to extract and install AppleApplicationSupport.msi. With an archiving program such as 7zip or Winrar, extract the installation of QuickTime 7 exe. To do this with 7zip, click the installation file and in the context menu, select "7-Zip> Open File. Once the window open 7zip can extract AppleApplicationSupport.msi to a folder and run it from there to install application components from the apple support. With WinRAR, click the executable installation file and choose "Extract files ...". Choose a folder to extract and run the AppleApplicationSupport.msi.

Try to remove previuos version by using CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your computer, ensuring that Windows runs faster and freeing up space on hard drives. Also, as a consequence, destroyed the traces of online user activity, such as the history of his navigation on the Internet. In addition to cleaning the operating system and embedded software Windows, CCleaner also knows how to delete temporary and other unneeded files. Then try to install a fresh copy of QuickTime 7.