Thread: Unable to change Macro Security Level in Microsoft word

Unable to change Macro Security Level in Microsoft word

Hi friends,

I have to ask one question to about the security levels in Microsoft word. I want to change the Macro Security Level of Microsoft word. I often use various word macros to save my time. And because of that I need to change the macro Security Level to low. Unfortunately I am not aware about the procedure to change Macro Security Level in Microsoft word. If you knows this procedure then please let me know that. I am waiting for you reply.

Re: Unable to change Macro Security Level in Microsoft word

Very simple three step process need to be followed to change Macro Security Level in Microsoft word, see below:
    • First select "Security" option from the "Macro" sub menu of "Tools menu".
    • Then click over "Security Level tab" and then "option button" which is next to the desired level.
    • Finally click over "OK" to apply the change.

In MS word the security level of macro is by default set to High. That is word will disable all macros until the macro comprises digital signature and which is from the a trusted source or the macro was created by the program which is installed on computer system. While this setting is a good thing for most users, it presents a unique problem for others. In the Medium macro security level, you will still be able to run unsigned macros, but Word will prompt you first on this.

Hi friend,

To change the macro security level in Microsoft word 2007, you need simple do the following procedure:
    1. Click over "Office Button" of Microsoft word 2007.
    2. The go for "Word Options"
    3. Then you need to open "Trust Center".
    4. Then choose the "macro security level" which want.
    5. Then click over "OK" twice.

It is recommended that you should select High Macro Security Level and only select Medium Macro Security Level if absolutely necessary. Setting macro security level to Very High is only recommended in cases where a user is expected to run a known set of macros.Setting the security level to Low allows a macro, Microsoft VB for Applications program. The macros of VBA can run only if the Trust all installed add-ins and templates option is checked

To change Macro Security Level in MS word 2007. For that you initially need to open a new document. Then you need to choose Office button, and then choose "Word Options". Then select "Trust Center" in the left panel. Then you need ti click "Trust Center Settings". Here you will get options on the right side. There are four choices under "Macro Settings", choose one level you want. There is also one option about VBA project. If you have VBA, you can also set it.After selection, click "OK". It will change the Macro Security level in Microsoft Word 2007.