Thread: Avast antivirus shows error 42060

Avast antivirus shows error 42060

I have recently install AVast antivirus on my Acer laptop whenever i keep on a scanning i am getting error 42060. I thought there would be some installation issue so i reinstall it once again but again i am getting the same issue and it claims that \users\ray\app data\microsoft-html:script-inf has virus. Does anyone getting error 42060 code message.

As per my knowledge if you are getting error 42060 which means that the system cannot open the file because of which you are getting this error message i am not sure about it, then in that case go to folder options- show hidden files- and find \users\ray\app data\microsoft-html and use unlocker - see what is locking it - then unlock it and once it unlocked- run sweeper again.

Thanks for replying me i had try to follow the things which you had told me but whenever i try to run Avast antivirus i am still getting the same error message, if i try to use the same setup on another computer then it's working fine, i am facing this issue on my system only. My friends say that my system is being infected by virus because of which i am getting such kind of message.

I was also getting error 42060 whenever i try to run Avast antivirus after finding a lot over internet i came to know that we need to RVHOST.exe and then there would be no problem, find and delete RVHOST from your system after that open registry windows and search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi… NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell registry and delete the entry from here and finally reboot your system for changes to get effected.

I think your system is being infected with Virus because of which you are getting error 42060, in order to remove this virus i would suggest to use AVG antivirus which is capable of removing Trojan from your system and also protects your system from rootkit, worms, spyware, malware, backdoor etc, after that now try to install Avast antivirus and have a scan if now also you are getting error 42060 then you need to format your system and install a fresh copy of operating system