Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-01-2010

DVD Audio in Windows XP Media Center Edition

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Anytime I try to play a dvd, it displays the video in exceptional quality, even on a CRT monitor. My problem is that no matter what dvd I attempt to play, there is never any sound playback. I've checked all my audio settings and config's and everything seems to be fine. Is there a patch or something that will fix my problem? Please help, and thanks in advance.

Last edited by skullmunkee : 22-01-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 22-01-2010

Re: DVD Audio in Windows XP Media Center Edition

No sound play back when you from DVD or HD? have you tried to play audio files on your HD? There is no patch for this, problem seems to be with your DVD player,first make sure your dvd player working file.
Old 22-01-2010

You can try another DVD player for Play DVD file in your system. WinDVD is the best one DVD player for win XP. WinX DVD Player 3.1.1 is also free to download. Try this.
Old 22-01-2010

Hello,
Which player do you use for playing the DVD's. If suppose you use VLC player for playing DVD and if you have a problem then try to re-install the software and then try again. Have you checked for your audio drivers, check if the audio drivers are no corrupt, if you have the audio drivers CD then you can reinstall the drivers and the last options remains is checking your hardware. Also check the dvd works on some other computer.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,