Thread: How to change Format Of Screenshots on mac

How to change Format Of Screenshots on mac

I need some tips on working with mac. First what is the way to change the format of screen shot that I take. What I have to do for that. The other thing is how to change the login picture. The same screen shot I want to add in the login window. And then how to change the loading bar to pie chart in mac. It there are more customizing tips then add.

Re: How to change Format Of Screenshots on mac

If you are using the screenshot utility, and you desire to modify the arrangement of Screenshots the images on the Mac, this is not simply done generally. Where jpg is in the code you can modify this to the format your want, png bmp gif etc. You need to log out and back in again, or restart for the changes to take consequence. Evasion write com.apple.screencapture type jpg.

If you get a uninterested of the liberty picture used on the login screen, you can modify it with this little bit of code. Modify the file location in the second half of the string to the precise file location of your selected picture. Evasion write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow DesktopPicture "/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/vortex.png".

This is a Safari 3 hack, so it might not work. This changes the blue bar that goes across the address bar into a small blue pie chart. Insert false instead of true to reverse.defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugUsePieProgressIndicator -bool true. Like this you can change Format Of Screenshots on mac.

If you right click on a file you can open it with several request. Sometimes your OS can get a little mystified and list many request. This is to clear this list and start again. The code below is all on one line./System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user.

I think you may got some information on this topic from the above reply. This simple hack changes the delay time it takes to drag windows around in spaces, its currently set to 0.75 defaults write com.apple.dock workspaces-edge-delay -float 0.5. But be ensure to perform this any because this can cause system error also. Better take out some reference material.