Thread: Is anybody how to count number of words in MS Words?

Is anybody how to count number of words in MS Words?

Hi Friends,

I don't know more about the Microsoft word functionality. I want to know the Microsoft word procedure to count the number of words in current file. I have tried different methods but nothing successful. If you know how to count number of words in MS Words, then please let me know the procedure for the same. I would greatly appreciate you any help over this.

Re: Is anybody how to count number of words in MS Words?

Hi friend,

The Microsoft word procedure to count the number of words is very easy. For this first make selection of paragraph that have edited and then you need to select Tools in the menu bar. Then select Words Count to show the number of words in a new current MS word window. This counting of words very useful for example, if you wish to make a presentation on Microsoft word for an approximate number of 600 words. You can base yourself on below explanation in order not to be too short or even lengthy.

In Microsoft word it is possible to count the number of words in a selection or selections, in case of counting all words of the current in a document word. This selections of words don't need to be next to each other for you to count them.To select sections of text that aren't next to each other, select the first section, and then hold down CTRL and select additional sections. To do this you just need to make selection of the desired text. The status bar displays the number of words in the selection.

Hi,

Following are steps which are used to count the number of words in MS word:
    • First select the text of MS word for which you wan to count the words.
    • Then click in the 'Tool' menu and then select 'Word Count' option.
    • Here you will get the option to count the paragraphs, line, words and characters.

Microsoft Word has special features to counts the number of words within current Microsoft word document. In Microsoft Office Word you will also get the option to count the number of lines, number of paragraphs and number of pages from the given word document. You will also get the option to count the character by including or excluding the spaces between two characters. But unfortunately I don't know the procedure to do this word counting.

You should follow the below procedure to take word count in MS Words:

1. Initially write your data into the Microsoft Word ( You can take copy of this data a backup before taking it's word count).

2. Then select 'word count' from the 'tools menu" toolbar.

3. Then you will see the small window showing the total word count.