Thread: Access - form with a dropdown menu

Access - form with a dropdown menu

Hello,
    I want to make a form with a dropdown menu in access that lets you choose the name of a customer and execute a query by clicking a button.
    So I made my list, my button, the button's click event I put this, here is part of the code.
    Private Sub Commande5_Click()
    Sun stdcnm As String

stdcnm = "Query tracks customer"
    DoCmd.OpenQuery stdcnm, acNormal, acEdit
    End Sub
    And I modified the test case of my request at the Customer name and I added this to my code.
    [forms]![Form-Client Tracks]![Modifiable2]
    Modifiable2 is the name of my list. So normally my application should run normally when I click on the button and then nothing. In testing it works manually so there's really a problem with the query criteria. I tried coding in the application directly in VBA, but same result (well worse the application does not work when I copied the SQL). In short, a very strange problem that I recall why I quickly stopped using access.

Re: Access - form with a dropdown menu

Hello,
    I think there is a hook in your code, remove the hook Forms. See the code below
    forms![Form-Client Tracks]![Modifiable2]
    Do this and then try to run the program and see if helps you and you are successful with your code, if not post the error you are getting.

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer but the problem does not come from the users end. I tried with another form and another application and it works very well. So while I started again and it's always the same thing as if the application does not run. So if I open the application and I give it up manually it works. Unfortunately I have to keep blocking.

Hi,
    Just try the following
    [Form-Client Tracks]
    Note two things here
    I hope that "Form Pieces-Customer" is the name of your form? Is it your sub form, if the you have to change the name of the form. In any case a "Re-query" would be welcome. And re query, I think is good for your code.

Hello,
    If the parameter is a string, then we must put values in both the sides. which gives the code in VBA:
    Me.refresh 'to confirm the selected value in dropdown
    StrReq = "SELECT ... WHERE Value1 = '" & Me![Modifiable2] & "' ;"
    Hope the code helps you, if it is not include in your code, then please include it in your code because it will give you a better performance. If any problem regarding this topic the do ask.

Hi,
    Ok, I thought it would print some something like that. Well at least I finally find a solution, but it's always nice to know how we really do. But I still think there should be a solution for this, I mean to say a proper solution. By the way thank you for all help me. If someone knows about this or have done it before then please do post your code or any explanation will be helpful to me.