Thread: GPU fan control software

GPU fan control software

I had been running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that is there any GPU fan control software which can make the fan run at 100%. Basically all works fine ok, but have noticed that the gpu fan seems to run constant at 100% speed which is quite loud as it sits on our shared desk. My computer is self built and comprises an Asus P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe motherboard, Intel core 2 duo E6400 CPU, 2 x Gainward Bliss GeForce 6800 GS "GLH" Golden Sample GPUs, 2GB Crucial Ballistix RAM and Akasa 650W psu. Is there any GPU fan control software? Any one has any idea about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: GPU fan control software

ATITool worked like a champ for my X800GTO, a fantastic tool in my opinion. I use rivatuner 2.09 under both xp64 and vista64, did you make sure to click on the included RivaTuner209Drv.rtu after installing rivatuner? That's the signed 64 bit driver.

Your problem is that when you installed the program you didnt install the optional drivers - it has a tickbox/option when installing the program. Just set it at auto and adjust the fanspeed to the temperature. You can set it at 100% after 50 degrees or something like that. Rivatuner has the ability to set different fan speeds.

RC 15.8. Maybe you have an older version. To get to the fan controller page you need to press the small button next to customise in the driver part of the window. This should open up a new window and the second tab should be the fan speed as percentages. I use Rivatuner, and it works with Forceware 84.21. I use R/T version 2.0

You can monitor temperature and control fan speeds with RivaTuner. I have been using the latest version of nVidia SmartDoctor. It allows for variable speeds depending on temp. I had errors either way. Video testing software ran the temp up even higher without trouble. I think the best solution is to order a new fan for GPU or another fan to put under the GPU(mine has one under the GPU Titan 80mm,little modified,i gain BTW 6-8C lower depending on the application)

There is a software for nvidia cards which is called RivaTune wich allows you to monitor your gpu temperatures and also change the gpu fan speed. Reducing the fan speed is not possible for every video card. I had to update the bios of my last video card to be able to reduce the fan speed. If you want you can also go for SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. From power user you can eneable/disable/install/uninstall/update etc settings from the program if you not know what the settings are is better to let them default. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).