Thread: Microsoft Outlook Error "Unable to load msncon.dll"

Microsoft Outlook Error "Unable to load msncon.dll"

Hi, i am a Windows Vista user and recently upgraded Microsoft Office to 2007. Now when i am trying to start Outlook, the system gives me an error saying "MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed." I don't have any idea regarding this error. Could you guys please help me out in fixing the same ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Microsoft Outlook Error "Unable to load msncon.dll"

msncon.dll is associated with a certain application or i can say that it is the MSN Connector that you use to access a paid Hotmail. If this error occurs with Microsoft Outlook, that the cause might be you have tried to install Microsoft Outlook Connector without having already launched Outlook in advance at least once. So better is that reinstall the Outlook Connector after launching the Microsoft Outlook. Hope the error won't come again. Do let me know the result.

I am not sure about the said error but probably it seems that Outlook may be facing some problem while opening the Email account that you used with the Outlook Connector. If it is like that, than the best way to fix it is to add a new data file from Control Panel than Mail than Email Accounts and set this data file as default. When you are finished doing this , than don't forget to delete the old data file and previous email account. Thats it !!

Hey mates, thanks for your quick and valuable replies. As you said to reinstall the Outlook Connector, i did that but still i am getting the same error. So, i think now i should try the second solution you guys mentioned that is to add a new data file from Control Panel. But i am not sure how to do that perfectly. Could you guys please let me know the step by step process of doing the same. I really appreciate your helps. !!

Quote Originally Posted by Deep123 View Post
    But i am not sure how to do that perfectly. Could you guys please let me know the step by step process of doing the same. I really appreciate your helps. !!
    Here is the step by step process of doing the same, just follow these:-

• Go to Control Panel (switch to Classic view).
    • Please double click on Mail
    • Click Data Files
    • If no file is defined in this window, simply add or create a new one:
      • Create one if you have no backup data files (old version or install)
      • Otherwise, select the old file in the following steps.
    • Click Add
    • Select the file type Outlook to create or add
      • File Office Outlook Personal Folders (. Pst) for the 2007
      • File Folders Outlook 97-2003 (. Pst) for older versions
    • In the window that opens, click OK, choose either the old file already exists on the hard drive, or type the name of the new file to create and validate.
    • Make sure the file you just added is selected as default (Guest column). If this is not the case, select the file in the window and then click Set Default
    • Validate by clicking Close> Close and then restart Microsoft Outlook.

Thats it . You are done now.

ThumbsUp Re: Microsoft Outlook Error "Unable to load msncon.dll"

This was very helpful to me, thank you!

I am having the same problem. But I do not have a "Mail" icon within my Control Panel to click on. Any feedback on this would be great!!

I am having the same problem. But I do not have a "Mail" icon within my Control Panel to click on. Any feedback on this would be great!!

Just try this: just go to start>control panel> mail > setup e-mail and directories. After that delete the hotmail email account and restart the outlook. After that it just notifies you to move some contact that it, otherwise it’s just work great. So just try this and it’s not work for you than just try to uninstall and reinstall outlook and then go through this steps.

!const, I dont have a "mail", or anything having to do with mail in my control panel. I'm using Vista.

Hey just try and refer this link i think this will help you out.
    Missing "Mail" icon in Control Panel

Quote Originally Posted by CupidsToejam View Post
    I think you might have Vista 64 bit, if you do "Mail" will not show up in regular control panel, you have to go to the 32 bit icons area by doing in icon view: control panel>view 32-bit Control Panel Items, here you will find the illusive "Mail" icon.