Thread: Windows Explorer attributes settings

Windows Explorer attributes settings

Hi,
    How to change windows attribute. I need some details on changing the attribute settings. I want to configure some shortcut icons of Windows to open other applications. I was using a software for that. But that is affecting the shortcut of the icons. If I change will this affect any working of other applications. If yes then how to fix that. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Explorer attributes settings

By default, the icon in the taskbar opens directly to the library Windows. Make a right click on the icon in Windows Explorer and then again right click on Windows Explorer and choose the option Properties from the shortcut menu. The Properties window opens. We must now change the target in the Shortcut tab. Here you can modify the attribute of the target

To modify the Target first run the proper box of Internet Explorer and then choose modify. Like for example to point the shortcut to the Control Panel. Then you must target copy% windir% \ System32 \ control.exe Change the type of target and then click the Apply button. Now when you click on the icon, the Control Panel to open.

The other choices and possible targets are % windir% \ explorer.exe: library (defaults to explore icon), % windir% \ System32 \ control.exe: Panel, % SystemRoot% \ explorer.exe / root,:: (20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D): Computer , % windir% \ System32 \ control.exe access.cpl: Ease of Access, % windir% \ System32 \ control.exe desk.cpl: Display Properties, etc

There are more different types of attribute that you can apply. They re % windir% \ System32 \ sysdm.cpl control.exe for System Properties, % windir% \ explorer.exe450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103) to run y My Documents, % Systemroot% \ system32 \ WF.msc for Firewall, % Systemroot% \ system32 \ eventvwr.msc for Event Viewer and % Systemroot% \ system32 \ taskschd.msc / s for the Scheduler.

To choose a icon for your choice , then you have to enable the following dll files. The same is necessary otheriwise this will not work. They are % Systemroot% \ system32 \ SHELL32.dll, % windir% \ explorer.exe, C: \ Windows \ System32 \ mmcndmgr.dll, C: \ Windows \ System32 \ netshell.dll, C: \ Windows \ System32 \ moricons.dll, C: \ Windows \ System32 \ compstui.dll, etc.