Thread: Lost focus problem with Media player classic under Windows 7

Lost focus problem with Media player classic under Windows 7

Hello. I have a desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system. The thing is that I am using Media player classic as the media player to execute the video files to it. The problem is that whenever I try to execute or play a video with the player under fullscreen mode faster sometime it regains back to normal screen and shows as lost focus. Why is this happening? please help.

Re: Lost focus problem with Media player classic under Windows 7

The problem that the player has lost focus generally means that the execution of the program has lost by the operating system and currently it focuses much of its to the other program that may be running in background. You need to check out if any other process or program is running in the background. It may be the issue that makes the player to lost focus. So check out in the task manager.

It may be that the operating system that you are using may not be very much compatible to the system. You need to check out by installing the tools that is the compatibility tools under Windows 7 for Windows Xp. This is the process that may lead the program to work out well. There is a possibility that the operating system may not able to cope with the program and is unable make the focus on the application.

You need to run the application under low services that may lead to work with the system if its the issues associated with the operating system. You can follow the steps to perform a clean boot.

1) Click on the start menu and then type msconfig.
    2) Hit enter.
    3) Now Hide all Microsoft services under the selective startup.
    4) Disable the service.
    5) Restart the system.

This should help.

The antivirus program plays a big role in such cases. i have experienced the same. My media player used to lost focus but then I found the reason was the antivirus program. I had Internet connection and whenever the system is on and I play the media player for viewing the videos it losts focus. Turn off the automatic updates and disable the antivirus program while watching videos. This would work well for you.

The issue may basically relate to the application program that you are using. It may be that the media player may have some bug issue with it and due to which it is unable to view the video on fullscreen for long time. You need to reinstall the application by uninstalling the installed application. Then install the media player again. Hope this should wort the problem.