Thread: How to make Microsoft Security Essentials scan faster?

How to make Microsoft Security Essentials scan faster?

Hey there, I need to fix a problem that come in my mind and want to know that is it possible or not. Actually i am using the Microsoft Security Essentials which is the free anti-malware utility i have got for my PC. I just wanted to know that is there any way by which i can increase the speed of the MSE as it is very slow at the time of the scanning. This could be appreciated if i got the solution of How to make Microsoft Security Essentials scan faster?. Thanks in advance

Re: How to make Microsoft Security Essentials scan faster?

If you are using the Microsoft Security Essential that is the tool available by the Microsoft as freeware and you need to increase the speed of the same then i can help you with the trick that will increase the scanning speed of the MSE. If you are looking for the speed the you have to exclude the multimedia file scanning from the scan. because the file of multimedia like MP3 can't affected with virus but still the scan search for it by default. So do the same, this will make the system scan faster.

Hey thanks, I am looking for this that will will help me for the same as i was looking for but still there is a problem that is i am unable to find the settings that you are discussing about so please help me with the procedure that will give the access of the of the setting and make the scan faster by excluding the multimedia file.

OK, As you have asked for the step to make the same setting here i am giving you the complete step that will guide you for the same so just go through the step that i am providing. I hope that you will follow the steps properly to make the above thing working. Say thanks if you like the same.
    • Open the MSE interface
    • And then to the setting tab
    • On the left pane look for the "Exclude file type", Click on it
    • Now on the Right pane enter the file format
    • Save settings
    • Start scan
    • Done

In the setting tab when you are entering the file type at that time you have to follow certain thing that work with the speed of the scan in the Microsoft Security Essential. Just keep in using the Wild card i.e. the entry with the * prefix that will exclude the complete file of the extension that you have specified with this prefix. With this you are stick with the certain file that you think are not infected so do the same to get the proper result.

This has been released by the Microsoft to increase the number of the user with the trusting quality and it is free ant virus tool that can be downloaded from the Microsoft site. But one thing is important to note that you are using the genuine product of the Windows then only you can use the same. This tool got the easy interface so that user can perform the operation easily. To know more about this visit the link given below.
    Microsoft Security Essentials