Thread: How to open a bsm file?

How to open a bsm file?

I am having a file .bsm and I am not able to open that file. I am working under the Windows operating system and I am not having any experience with Unix neither with the Sun Solaris. Does any one know the program that can open the .bsm ?? Also I want to know that is there any program that can convert the .bsm to other readable format.?? Please help me soon as possible.!!
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|

Re: How to open a bsm file?

The BSM is the short form of Basic Security Module. I think that you are talking about the same thing. OpenBSM is a open source implementation of Sun's Basic Security Module (BSM) security audit API, portable and file format. And according to me it also describes a set of system call and library interfaces for managing audit records. It is appropriate for use stand-alone in processing trails generated by BSM-enabled systems, as well as for use as the foundation of OS audit implementations requiring libraries, command-line tools, etc. Records may describe both kernel events, such as system calls, as well as application events, such as login, password changes, etc.

OpenBSM includes system include files appropriate for inclusion in an operating system implementation of Audit. Implementation of the BSM library interfaces for generating, parsing, and managing audit records, auditreduce and praudit, audit reduction and printing tools, API documentation, and sample /etc configuration files. OpenBSM is an open source implementation of Sun's Basic Security Module (BSM) Audit API and file format.

According to me the easiest way to open a BSM file is to double-click on it and let your PC decide which default application should open the file. If you are not able to view or edit the BSM files that means you are not having an application installed on your Windows that can view or edit the BSM files. Even I don't have the much information about the specific applications that will view BSM files or open BSM files for editing. If you are having an Internet Connection then try to connect to the Internet and then download the suitable application that can view or edit the .bsm files. You can do this by right clicking on the .bsm file and then click on the link stating that "You can look for appropriate program on the Web". Then Windows will download the Software that can edit the BSM files.

You can convert a BSM file to another file type by choosing on of the two ways described below :
    • To convert the BSM file to another file format, you can use a Software Program or File Conversion Online Service.
    • Open the BSM file in its default program and choose to save the open file as another file format.

I would like to suggest you to try the second option as it is more preferable because it's easier and will probably result in a more accurate file conversion. If you are not having a program that opens BSM files, then the third-party file conversion tool could be very useful (as the first option). Also you cannot change the file extension (in your case .bsm) to one that your computer recognizes and expect the newly renamed file to be usable.

I think that SQLMatcher Project file has the file that has BSM file extension. Even I think that you should select the option of downloading the appropriate program for that bsm file using the Web. For this option right-click on the file having the BSM extension and then select the Open With option. A Dialog Box will appear having the Open With title. In that at the ending you will find the option "If the program you want is not on the list or on your Computer, you can look for the appropriate program on the Web". By clicking on this link, the Windows will download the appropriate application from the Web that can open the BSM files.