Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-01-2010

Texmaker removes all accents

Hello,
I am really surprised not to see this issue mentioned anywhere on internet. texmaker removes all the accents of the file without asking anything to any one, it's simply amazing and i do not understand why (I do not mean visualization after compiling it, nothing to do with the packages, Simply the texmaker removes my sources) Do you guys have any ideas about it.

Last edited by Aaliya Seth : 20-01-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 20-01-2010

Re: Texmaker removes all accents

Hi,
It is not an encoding problem? I recommend you to just have a look at
Quote:
options -> configure Texmaker -> editor
If the choice of encoding does not match the declaration in the source file that can give strange results (it happened with Kile). Even there it is the same problem if you do not set the thing properly.
Old 20-01-2010

Hey,
I really think it comes from the encoding as well. I had the same problem recently, create a file under linux retouched by a guy under windows. The accents have disappeared from the source after passage under windows. I incline to a problem with ascii /utf-8, without having successfully resolved the problem.
Old 20-01-2010

Hello,
It's amazing that a huge problem as this and still a latex producer is also used. In any case there's not a word about this in the FAQ site of soft, I contacted the author, we'll see, if someone finds the solution in the meantime. I have searched a lot on internet and read some books on this, but non of them have mentioned any such problem.
Old 20-01-2010

Hello,
Quote:
It's amazing that a huge problem as this and still a latex producer is also used. In any case there's not a word about this in the FAQ site of soft,
We must be understanding, to me it seems that the person who develops texmaker cares alone. Moreover, this person has a real business side (math teacher), and develops Algobox. A popular software for math teachers. So, I think it will take some time to debug things. Even I am searching on internet about this, if I get some helpful information then I will post back.
Old 20-01-2010

Hi,
Should not look to software's like that, so well done, which is doing its job.
If your files are modified on windows, they are probably encoded in iso-xxx-xxx. It suffices to point out that encoding Texmaker and it will go well. You can also change the encoding with the following command line argument.
Code:
recode-v ISO-8857-14 .. UTF-8
You have to adjust your file to your needs. The above is just an example, which may or may not suit your needs.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,