Thread: Drawing impossible with Inkscape

Drawing impossible with Inkscape

Hello,
    I downloaded Inkscape 0.46, but I can not draw anything, whatever tool I select (shapes, lines, feathers), no trace appears when I move the mouse (or stylus Wacom) on the workspace. It has become really impossible to draw with Inkscape. Do you have any idea about this behavior of Inkscape. Any help will he accepted by me.
    Last edited by TechGate; 20-01-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Re: Drawing impossible with Inkscape

Hello,
    Are you saying about the color? Nothing is displayed if you select a color identical to background color. I am correct. Is this your problem? When you draw, you must keep the left button of the mouse pressed. Yes, I know it sounds a bit stupid but you never know this may be the problem. Because for image editing software's mouse are of more importance than any or hardware.

Hello,
    For color, I select different color based tools (pen, shape, line, etc..), But it does not change the problem. For technical drawing (left click and drag), do not worry, I use Paintshop common and the Gimp. I wanted to test Inkscape to vectorized drawings and can save in vector format. Regarding the mouse preferences in inkscape, I tested different values of sensitivity and capture threshold to click and drag, without result. Stylus connected or not (with rebooting the system between the 2 options) no change. Complete removal and reinstallation of Inkscape, no change. Do you have any other options other than this.

Hello,
    The color selection is after alignment, that is after setting preferences, the route is either the last color assigned to that type of layout, color is selected by
    Code:
    preferences -> tools -> forms -> ...
    You can try to black by default and see what happens. You can choose any layout from here which suits your needs. In fact what version do you use? May be there are conflicts between the software version and operating system version.

Hi,
    I use Debian operating system. In preferences -> forms, pencil, pen, etc.. I have assigned colors theoretically visible (black, red, blue, etc..), but none of them work. And I tried to fill my layer 1 with the paint pot, but nothing happens either. Do you guys have any other solution or now, any other software from which I can use vectors for drawing. Inkscape was really nice software but unfortunately it is not working for me.

Hi
    Even I had a similar kind of a problem, when i tried to draw something in the workbook nothing would be visible to me. My problem was a large file was blocked in between the workscape and the tools. What I wonder what strange problem was this. I restored all the setting for the default value and then restarted the software and it was working very well from then. I do not know if this is your exact problem, but you can try to set all the values to the default and then try running the software.