Thread: Insert images from picasa folder

Insert images from picasa folder

Hello,
    I want to insert a picture from my picasa folder Or a screenshot on any forums site or in an html file. This is the question of a beginner thank you for giving me an explanation for the use of beginners. I use ubuntu 9.10. Does this depends on any software which I have to download, Franky speaking I do not understand any thing about programming.
    Last edited by Ash maker; 20-01-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Re: Insert images from picasa folder

Hello,
    [Img] tag: Image
    This tag displays a picture in the message. The image must necessarily be publicly available on the net. If you want to display a personal picture, you'll need to host it on the net, so that the forum can be accessed.
    - either on your personal server
    - or on a hosting site for images, such as imageshack etc
    I do not think this is a hard job to do, it just a work of few seconds.

Hello,
    You must put the address of your image between the image tags. The sites hosting image often provide direct BBCode to insert. Simply copy and paste it into your message. If you post large images, you have a option for creation of thumbnail 150x150 pixels (note that all sites hosting images do not provide this facility). You get a code to insert into your message, which will display a small thumbnail of your image. Once the message posted, click on the thumbnail will display the full size image. This enables faster loading of pages, and make messages more readable.

Hello,
    This is how you can simply do this, it will take not more that one minute.
    [img] http://add_of_img.jpg [/ img]
    Just copy and paste it at the location where you need and it is done, you will find the image on the page at your location. If you have a simple knowledge of basic html, I am talking about basic html not in deep programming, you can do it easily.

Hello,
    Ok, thanks for the help guys, I is not that I do not know any thing about computers, it's just that I have no idea about any coding or programming language and even I an on internet for very less time. That is why I do not know how to do it. If I am not wrong it would be harder for our grandparents to know about the computers now. Am I right?

Hello,
    For example, on any forums site, where you post your messages, there is a button you click Img above the text boxm where to type the message. It will look something like this
    [img] [/ img]
    It's called tags, so between these two tags you paste the URL of your image that you copied by right clicking with your mouse on your image. If you do it for two to three times you will get the point.