Thread: Norton 360 liveupdate connection failure

Norton 360 liveupdate connection failure

I am having Acer laptop with me and i was using trial version of AVG anti virus, but recently i had installed Norton 360 anti virus on my laptop, everyhting seems to be working fine expect that i can't update my antivirus whenever i try to do it i am getting an error message as "Cannot connect to norton liveupdate server,please check your internet connection" and my internet is working fine.

Before providing you any solution i would like you to ask you a question did you completely uninstall AVG anti virus from your system? How did you install Norton 360, i mean to say that at the time of installing Norton 360 AVG antivirus was still there or it was being uninstall from your system. I know this silly question should not be asked but after knowing it then only i can provide you a proper solution.

No i haven't uninstall AVG till yet and for more information i am using License copy of Norton 360 and i try to use it on different computer then it's working fine don't know what would be the issue ?

In that case i would suggest you to completely remove AVG from your laptop and at the same time install Norton removal Tool this will remove Norton 360 from your laptop and reboot your computer and have a fresh installation of Norton 360, i am sure now you will not face any liveupdate connection failure issue

Re: Norton 360 liveupdate connection failure

I am also facing similar type of issue whenever i am trying to get live update for my Norton 360 over her i am not able to get any updates, when i asked my friend about the same he told me to run manually for that he told me reboot my computer and told me to run luall.exe , but that also helped me out with this issue ?

Ethan123 it seems that some of your file might had got corrupted because of which you are not able to get liveupdate in that case i would suggest you to completely uninstall your Norton 360 from your computer and download the latest version of Norton 360 and have a check for the same i hope it works for you.