Thread: Software for backup and network settings in Ubuntu

Software for backup and network settings in Ubuntu

Hi,
    I am using Ubuntu in my computer. I need some stuff here which needed urgently. First I need a network backup tool. What will you recommend for that. Means I want a server level software for Ubuntu to perform task like backup, sharing files, etc. I want to implement Apache on my system also to test some database applications. Thanks in advance.

Re: Software for backup and network settings in Ubuntu

Arkeia offers Ubuntu users a license (full and free) of its backup solution Arkeia Network Backup. The publisher announced the availability of version 8 of Arkeia Network Backup in the deposit version of the LTS (Long Term Support) Ubuntu. The solution is free and intended for a small network. The fully licensed version of Ubuntu Enterprise Backup can be downloaded from the repository in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS using the Synaptic Package Manager or using the command 'apt-get'.

Eucalyptus is a free service which works on ubuntu. You know maybe not, but the Server version of Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala was enamored of Eucalyptus, the Open Source system to implement the clouds and private hybrids on site, as is using the resources hardware and software infrastructure in place. The couple Karmic Koala - Eucalyptus allows to host on its own cloud infrastructure.

IBM DB2 Universal Database Express-C is its name, is available for Linux and Windows and can function on any server with up to two dual-core processors and 4 GB of memory. Server with up to two dual-core processors and 4 GB of memory. Unlike the free edition of competitors Oracle DBMS or Microsoft, DB2 Universal Database Express-C does not limit in terms of number of concurrent users.

FrostWire is an application for sharing files over the Gnutella network. With a simple interface and easy, you can easily access data available on the Internet and share video, audio, images, etc. You can also download the documents of one person by adding its IP address in the box. It is a ncie and easy tool for file sharing. But the configuration is bit complicated.

XAMPP is a suite facilitating the installation of an Apache Web server. This distribution is therefore responsible to install all the tools you might need when creating a website. More than a dozen utilities are included, such as MySQL, PHP, Perl or phpMyAdmin. So if you want to implement Apache Web Server then this will be a addon feature for you.