Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-01-2010

Packet data crc problem with Winrar file

Hello. I have a desktop machine installed with Windows Xp as the operating system in it. I have recently downloaded a game for me and it was in Winrar format. But the problem is that I am not able to open the file and it gives the error as Packet data crc error. I do not know why is this happening. Please help me out. Thank you.
Old 20-01-2010

Re: Packet data crc problem with Winrar file

This problem could generally relate to the application that is been downloaded has serious bug issues and hence it is not been able to open up. basically you need to run a scan check wizard in order to make the things to work accordingly. You can use a good antivirus tool that is Quick heal total security 2009. It simply works too good and would be very much beneficial to you.
Old 20-01-2010

You may try out the new version for Winrar application. This does happen if the file that is been downloaded is not able to pen up as the the downloaded file may be supported with latest winrar format. Install the updated version of the application and then try to execute or extract the file. It may then not allow the application to give such issues. So check out for the thing.
Old 20-01-2010

There is a possibility that the file may be corrupt and it may not possible to open up. It does happen that the downloaded file is been corrupted may be due to the external entity acted upon it. you can say that virus may have affected them and this it is not able to get executed or open up thus giving the error as packet data crc error. This is the reason that it is been giving such issues.
Old 20-01-2010

the new version of winrar has good features. It has built in repair function. Even if the file is corrupt it will try to repair the file by using the embedded application. Get the latest feature or the application tool of Winrar and install it into the system. This should help you out. Hopefully the problem that you are facing with the application may also be then sorted out.
Old 20-01-2010

There is another way to tackle the issue out. You uninstall the previous pack of the winrar that is been installed in the system, Now install the application again. try to open the file now by using the same. this should help you out in your ways. This is probably that the application may not respond and a re-installation process might help out well with the application software to cope. So try out the solution.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,