Thread: How to activate quick edit mode in DOS

How to activate quick edit mode in DOS

Hi,
    What is the way by which I can enable Quick Edit Mod in DOS. This will be easy for copy pasting logs from it. Second thing I need a tweaking procedure for Windows shortcuts. First I need to remove the arrow and the background square out of it. And then remove the name also. How to do that. I was using a customization software which has made my system as mess.

Re: How to activate quick edit mode in DOS

For people who often use the DOS console, it would be convenient to use the copy / paste already working on Windows. This function is not working on windows xp. Run Dos and then right click on the title bar of the DOS console and click Properties. Now go in the Options tab, go to Edit Options and check Quick Edit Mode. Click on OK to validate and still OK in the Apply Properties to save the changes.

It is easy to remove arrows or name from a icon. For this, you have to use what is called non-breakable space, which is a character in itself, but has the distinction of being completely invisible. You will have to guessed that the deal will only rename the icons using this character. To do this, right click on the icon you want to remove the name and then click Rename. Then, to enter a non-breakable, just type 0160 in Alt key. Then, once the code is typed, release the Alt key and press Enter.

For the following, icons will require careful not to use the same number of characters scored, otherwise refuse to see the name Windows is already assigned to the previous icon. For example, if we rename the second icon, it must first enter 0160 in Alt key and then, once the code is typed, release the Alt key, then re-press the Alt key and enter the code 0160 to create a second non-breakable. For other icons, we proceed similarly, but each time adding an extra non-breaking character in the name assigned.

To also changed the colored square you you must modify a graphic option by going to Control Panel > System and the Advanced tab and click on Performance Settings subsection. As you may have noticed, if you perform this operation on shortcuts, Windows indicated by showing a small arrow in the lower left corner. Run the registry editor and then type HKEY_CURRENT_ROOT \ lnkfile (actually written lnkfile) . Click on this key and the right window you should see a value named IsShortcut. Simply right click on it and select Delete. Restart your computer,

It is possible to transfer protected your eyes from the Windows password with the screensaver. Attention to the registry. Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon. Right click Winlogon and select New. Value Chain and named ScreenSaverGracePeriod and put 0 in the Value data. 0 to disable and 10 to lengthen the time (in seconds). It is not necessary to restart your pc.