Thread: How can i apply Speed Effect to image in Photoshop

How can i apply Speed Effect to image in Photoshop

Hi, i am having installed Photoshop on my Windows Vista computer. I have a image where i need to add speed effects to the same, i don't know how to describe but i hope you guys can understand what meant. If yes, could you guys please make me know how can i apply speed effect using Photoshop ? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: How can i apply Speed Effect to image in Photoshop

Well, i understood what you meant , mate. In order to apply or add Speed Effect to any images, an effective way is to apply to your shooting a blur effect so degraded to recreate a sensation of speed. This allows you to better highlight the movement of your subject.To achieve this effect, we will use the software image editing Adobe Photoshop Elements. Redacted version of the tenor of the genus Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements is easy to use and very complete amateurs.

Adobe Photoshop Elements combines power and simplicity so you can make your photos look extraordinary, share your life stories in unique print creations and web experiences, and easily manage and protect all your photos and video clips. Easily bring all your photos and video clips together in one convenient place, and then dive in to a full range of creative activities and share virtually everywhere. You can download Adobe Photoshop Elements from adobe.com.

Adobe Photoshop Elements is the application you need for doing this. Once you have installed it on your system, the first step you need to perform is applying a radial blur. To do so,just go through this:-

• Click the Filter menu and then click on Blur Radial Blur.
    • The window settings of the Radial Blur effect opens.
    • Select Zoom Mode section and click on the option of Superior Quality area.
    • You must now define the point at which take place blur. Click in the frame to move the center point from which to depart the blur effect. Locate it to the place that corresponds to the main subject of your photo and want to highlight. This will be the most clear image.
    • Then select in the Value field, the intensity to give the effect. Leave it for 10 times.
    • Finally, click on the OK button.
    • The blur effect is then applied to your image.

After you finished with radial blur, the next step is to Refine the effect. Here is how to do that:-

1. If you find that the effect is insufficient, or too pronounced, click on the Edit menu and then click Cancel Radial Blur. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Z.

2. The effect is then removed. Then repeat the previous step and set a new value of uncertainty in the Value field.

3. In most cases, the fuzzy covers part of the topic you want to highlight. You can make him more clearly in excess of erasing the blur. Click on this to the Eraser tool in the toolbox.

4. Scroll down the list of forms and then choose a shape rounded edge and blur.

5. Then choose a thickness that allows you to work accurately, a thickness of 80 pixels for example.

6. Then apply the rubber on your subject to make clearer the surfers in our example.

Hey thanks for sharing this useful info mate. I was also in search of this tip from last couple of days. I even tried to do this myself but was unable to complete. Finally i got here. Appreciated.. I also have a small similar query regarding the same. actually i just wanted to know will this same steps work to apply a speed text effect or there is different step ? Please let me know. Thank you.

To apply Speed Text Effect, you need to work little different. here is how:-
    1. Create a blank RGB document, it should be wide enough to fit the speed effect.
    2. Fill the background with black.
    3. Add your text in white.
    4. Create a copy of your text layer.
    5. Use Filter --> Stylize --> Wind (from the right) on your original text layer 3 or 4 times
    6. Go to the blending options of the layer and apply Outer Glow settings
    7. Next up, we need to apply Color Overlay
    8. Now activate your copied text layer and set an Outer Glow
    9. Now apply some Motion Blur (Filter --> Blur --> Motion Blur)
    10. You should end up with a speed text effect

And you are done.
    Source:tutorialbeach.com