Thread: How to fix fake UPS tracking number virus rebooting computer?

How to fix fake UPS tracking number virus rebooting computer?

My computer got infected recently because of the opening of the fake email as shipping label and i don't know how to remove this from my system, I have got the following mail. This come up with the attachment like UPS_invoice_NR34073.zip
    Dear customer!

The courier company was not able to deliver your parcel by your address. Cause: Error in shipping address. You may pickup the parcel at our post office personally! Please attention! The shipping label is attached to this e-mail.

Please print this label to get this package at our post office.
    Help with this "How to fix fake UPS tracking number virus rebooting computer?"
    Last edited by Cisco-s; 19-01-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Re: How to fix fake UPS tracking number virus rebooting computer?

If you are getting this problem then you need to do the following thing that will work for the system clearance form this virus. You have to restart the computer in the safe mode. After that you have to go to the run box and type the start up that will open a window there you will find a file that is showing as the rarype32 word file. This is the file for the main cause of the system rebooting. So delete this file and reboot once again your problem will be solved with this. Thank you

Hey i have gone through the process that you have specified to delete the file that you have discussed about the problem is that i have stuck in the Safe mode. My PC is not starting in the safe mode,don't know why this is happening. Just explain me the procedure to start computer in safe mode. Waiting for reply.

As you have asked about the system safe mode so i am explaining the procedure that will help you for the problem of the safe mode. This virus does not affect the safe mode so i think you are not properly booting into the safe mode.Do this, Start the computer and after the processor screen press the F8 key continuously and then it will give you the black screen on then select the Safe mode option and press enter. Thats it now do the same as i have stated above to delete the same. This will help you for safe mode issue and delete the virus too.

To make the computer run in the safe mode you can also have one more method that help you for the same. Just do the following. Click on the start menu and then click on the run. Now type "msconfig" in the same and then this will open the msconfig window, on the same go to the boot.in tab and click on safeboot.in and click on the apply and then OK and restart the system. Do the same for the normal start up. This will help you for the removal of the virus with the safe mode.