Thread: Best format for a audio CD

Best format for a audio CD

I had burn a audio disc which was not working in my player. After checking the format I found it as the rm (real media) extension. Then I founded a converter. After converting the sounds to an regular format like mp3 the quality was worst. How to get a best format for a audio CD. What are the terms should be taken in mind for that.

Re: Best format for a audio CD

To copy music from a CD to a medium such as your hard drive, you must choose among the many compression formats. Wma, MP3, Flac etc., etc. It is now difficult to identify in the multitude of audio formats. To determine who will be best suited, it should take stock of your requirements in terms of sound quality but also to make a rapid assessment on the compatibility of your equipment with different audio formats.

When copying from one medium A (CD) to support B (HDD), compression is performed. During this operation, it is important to understand the relationship that exists between 3 factors. They are the flow of in sequence sent from A to B (expressed in Kbps or Kbs for kilo bits per second). Overall quality and the final file size. Thus, flow of important information = good quality = large file size. Instead, information flows low = lower quality = small file size.

To save memory space on your hard drive or other media (CD) losses density of data is preferred. The popular audio formats like MP3, the Vorbis, the WMA, or AAC are often used. The size of files can then be greatly diminished. Most density algorithms (codes) have been designed to remove frequencies inaudible to the human ear. I think the best format for a audio CD is MP3.

For a reason it is often impossible for most of us make the difference between an original music and a copy packed together. But beware, as we have seen above the quality is also indomitable by the speed of encoding selected when copying. Main Audio Compression Formats Loss less - FLAC / APE / ATT & Lossy compression - VORBIS / MP3 / WMA / AAC.

You then determine the type of solidity you are interested (loss less or losses), then choose a format compatible with your hardware. Use the type of losses solidity format using Vorbis with a speed of 128 Kbps for a quality equivalent to CD audio. This is a free format and performs better than mp3, you will gain in sound quality and storage space for a flow equivalent encoding.