Thread: Burn disk without any third party tool in Leopard

Burn disk without any third party tool in Leopard

Hi,
    I want to burn a disc urgently. I have a computer which is running on Snow Leopard. The problem here is that I was using a trail version of Toast which is expired at the moment. I was facing some disc burning error before that. But Toast burns the disc. I had heard that there is a inbuilt utility in MAC which can help me out to burn disc. How to do that. Thanks in advance.

Re: Burn disk without any third party tool in Leopard

Otherwise you can get a simple freeware cd burning tool. First thing you have to do is to check that your DVD is functioning well. Because the same only does not matter with software. You can try to check that or call the apple customer care. You have to first ensure that your hardware does not have any issue and the same is working fine.

Even if we do not have the software like Toast in OS X then also you can however manage to make a copy of CD / DVD (CD and DVD data only! No DVD movies) with the application Disk Utility, which comes with Mac OS X. It is located in the Utilities. Just run the application insert a blank disc and bur a data cd or dvd. But this gives only basic features.

Here using the Disk Utility is quiet difficult. This method is more complex than the method suggested by Toast (where you just click a button), but it will nevertheless ensure a safe and reliable result. Your CD will be copied in any way identical to the original. Also, note that Disk Utility by this method can also produce CD Bootables OS X.

The tool can only make CD / DVD backup of your data / personal files. This method does not work with audio CDs (For an audio CD, use iTunes) and commercial DVDs (DADVSI law prohibits any copying of commercial DVDs, even as a personal backup). Insert the first CD / DVD that you want to copy into your CD. The icon for the CD / DVD appears on the desktop. Run Disk Utility. Then select the left icon for your CD / DVD. Then go into the menu file / New / disk image xxxx (name of your CD). And you are done.

If you want to save the project then in the Save as type the name you want, it does not matter because it is simply the name of the disk image that will be created in advance, and not the CD / final DVD which will bear the same name as the CD / DVD original. Then in Format Picture, select DVD / CD Master. In Encryption select none. Then click the button Save. Disk Utility will then produce a picture of your CD / DVD original. You can also modify some settings (speed engraving, check it and perform operations after burning: Eject or mount the drive the desktop).