Thread: MP3 sound format best for presentation

MP3 sound format best for presentation

Hi,
    I am making a presentation on PowerPoint 2007. Then I have to mail that to some people. The issue that I am not sure about the audio quality and image orientation in the presentation. According which is the best audio format which can be used in it. I have already kept them in mp3. Is there any better. Second I want to adjust the image size to fit the boxes in it. Anyhow I want do best to reduce the size.

Re: MP3 sound format best for presentation

Both file types either mp3 or .rm are type sound, that is to say, sound files (music, sound, etc..). The main difference is that MP3 is a compressed format, ie for a small loss in quality, the file size decreases substantially. This is the best of this audio format. It is widely used and most of the player supports this format. That is way it is recommended.

MPEG Layer 1 Audio and MP3 are co-related to each other. To the ear, the difference between the sound of a CD and the sound of that CD into compressed MP3 is - depending on compression chosen - almost imperceptible. Indeed the MP3 filter all non-audible data file: all that lies below 20Hz or above 20000Hz is deleted but also the sounds that are covered by others. The result a file much lighter.

There are many audio formats. But the usage and implementation depends on the need. MP3 is the lightest audio format. If you want to send you presentation on mail then this will help a lot in reducing the size of your presentation. Other than this if you want a higher quality one then you can go for one step higher and put wav, mpeg, etc. But that keeps increasing your size. But the quailty is almost equal.

It is quiet easy to reduce the size of a image. But this effects the quality of the image. You can see the small box borders around the image in PowerPoint. Just drag them fit your image as you need. The same can be done via Microsoft Picture manager also. You can crop the image and reduce the unnecessary part out of it.

The size in pixels is the real size. You can imagine the pixels correspond to a unit of measurement such as cm or mm. Your image has more pixels, the larger it is then there is the size in KB - the weight of the image. This weight influence the time that the image is put in charge, hence the interest of reducing the maximum weight. To reduce the weight can be reducing the size in pixels, or increase the compression.