Thread: Controls move while typing in Word Form

Controls move while typing in Word Form

I don't make use of MS-word much very much. So please guide me so that i can achieve it in the best. I am using form controls , Its a simple form with just two fields the first name and the last name as shown below

First Name: <Field>
    Last Name: <Field>

please tell me why the controls move while typing and also tell me the best way to achieve it.

Re: Controls move while typing in Word Form

I really don't think that this is possible in ms-word. For creating word forms i think you need to make VBA or similar tools hence i would advice you to go to the microsoft's office website and you might find something useful which might help you in making forms and all. I hope that you will be able to make forms soon.

You will have to make use of the Forms Toolbar . By using it you can make Templates and other forms that can be filled manually or typed like printable documents, with form fields inserted wherever the data is not constant. You will just need the forms toolbar and the rest is done. Its really easy when you are using a microsoft word. All the best
    Last edited by Eric B; 15-01-2010 at 10:33 PM.

For creating forms using microsoft word you will have to make use of the form toolbar if you know hoe to use it then it is very easy to make printable forms that too within a short time. To create a Word form field for text, You will have to click on the first button, This will help you to insert a text field in your form. After that you will also see a dialog box which will allow you to set the Default length and text of the textfield.

Firstly you will have to create a Template in order to create a form in ms word. For this you will have to go to the File Menu and then select new ,This will open a new document and on the taskbar of the new document, On my computer under the heading templates. Don't forget to select blank document under the general tab and then press OK.

You can do this by clicking on the draw table icon or clicking on the insert table button. When you click on the draw table then a new table toolbar will appear with some more options. you can format your form by adding frames by clicking the insert frame button. Frames can be added before or after your forms fields. Check this out.