Thread: Found New Hardware Wizard every boot problem (XP OS)

sad Found New Hardware Wizard every boot problem (XP OS)

Hi guys
    I'm trying to figure this out since December last year This suddenly appear everytime i start the windows XP and it say found new hardware PRINTER? on the task bar then the NEW FOUND HARDWARE WIZARD display in the screen while i don't have any new printer install and the two printer i'm using is already configure and running smooth. This also prevent me using the wizard for example when i want to add new hardware like my portable player co'z IT ALWAYS DISPLAY this wizard help you install the software "PRINTER"
    HELP!! WHAT SHALL I DO GUYS!!?
    Thanks so many in advance.....
    Roger

Re: Found New Hardware Wizard every boot problem (XP OS)

You need to delete the corrupt registry key Registry Editor, follow these steps:

1. Log on to your computer by using an administrator account.
    2. Click Start, and then click Run.
    3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    4. Locate and click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\LPTENUM
    5. Right-click the registry key, and then click Delete.
    6. Under Confirm Key Delete, click Yes.
    7. Close Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

Hi Saneet,
    Right now i'm home and the problem is on my office computer, later i'll try your advise and i'll give you feedback.. thank you so much buddy. Its so great and I've found this helpful forum

Hi Saneet,
    I already done the procedure but everytime I restart still the same....
    I'm the administrator and have full control and deleted the LPTENUM folder.
    LPTENUM folder reappear as in never been deleted
    when I re check the registry and later expand I found under
    LPTENUM folder
    MicrosoftRawPort
    control
    device parameter ----IEEE_1284 manufacturer Microsoft
    logconf
    What is MicrosoftRawPort? Maybe this one is the problem...I don't have any slight idea what it is.

You are getting the "Found New Hardware Wizard" everytime you are starting your computer system. This hardware wizaed comes for the printer as you are saying. So when you start the system again and this wizard comes then select the 'yes this time' option and install the software automatically option. This will solve the issue. If it does not then, Then there is some serious problem because you are saying that you have not coonected the new printer for your computer system. So next time when this wizard appears note down the printer name and model number. Go to the device manager and if this device is showing in the Hardwares connected to your system then right click on this printer device and select 'disable'. The windows will disable this device for your computer system. Now this "Found New Hardware Wizard" will not pamper you every time when you start your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    You are getting the "Found New Hardware Wizard" everytime you are starting your computer system. This hardware wizaed comes for the printer as you are saying. So when you start the system again and this wizard comes then select the 'yes this time' option and install the software automatically option. This will solve the issue. If it does not then, Then there is some serious problem because you are saying that you have not coonected the new printer for your computer system. So next time when this wizard appears note down the printer name and model number. Go to the device manager and if this device is showing in the Hardwares connected to your system then right click on this printer device and select 'disable'. The windows will disable this device for your computer system. Now this "Found New Hardware Wizard" will not pamper you every time when you start your system.
    Yes Eric buddy,
    Weird is there's none or no yellow ballon on DEVICE MANAGER everything is smooth and clean. I already done "Yes this time option" also. I also did the procedure deleting the LPTENUM by Saneet advise still to no avail co'z everytime I restart it reappear again say on the task bar FOUND NEW HARDWARE "PRINTER" then wizard displays over again. I did check the registry there again the LPTENUM kindly see my previous post whats under LPTENUM folder ....
    What is MicrosoftRawPort?

Does anyone got more idea Really appreciate some hint...

Thanks
    Roger