Thread: How to stay connected at the end of a session

How to stay connected at the end of a session

Hi,
    I need some steps to get stay connected with I switch to a different user profile. What happens in my case that I have some remote desktop connections. When I change a user profile then all the session running are ended. How to stop this and let the connection live. Also how to get back the Netmeeting tool and configure TCPview for monitoring my internet.

Re: How to stay connected at the end of a session

Yes it is true that when we close a session or during a change of user profile, all remote connections are closed. It may be interesting to keep its active connections, including Internet access. Here is how to overcome this disadvantage. Run registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon . Then add a new string KeepRasConnections and give it to 1 Reboot your system.

While Microsoft pushes ahead as MSN Messenger Video privileged Netmeeting is always present in Windows XP. The netmeeting is no longer on the desktop on XP installation. To see the show again, just run conf.exe through the Start menu then Run. Then you can see a windows appear. Follow the wizard and get connected with the NetMeeting tool of Windows.

Netmeeting is no longer available on Windows Vista. But in Windows XP you can use the same. In addition, the interface to Netmeeting (Actions menu) that has existed since Windows Messenger on the other OS is no longer under XP. This is replaced by "start a video conversation. Never mind, here too there is a trick. Just to start Windows Messenger in Windows 2000 compatibility mode (Properties after right-click Windows Messenger from the Start menu).

Run the TCP view and then go in the Options menu you can go and solve issues like resolve Addresses can see the name of the remote server you are connected, rather than its IP, you see. You can show Unconnected Endpoints also shows idle connections. As we are interested in real connections that use the bandwidth, it is recommended to uncheck this option. Always on Top enables the TCPView window to be always above the other, you see. Font lets you change the font of the application, do not bother to touch it if you can read.

Microsoft NetMeeting is a nice features which enable you to get connected to a small group of people. You can share documents and also work on presentations on it. If you cannot find you can type conf.exe on the run box and run the application. It is nice and simply tool to work. But the limit of the software is around 10 people on the wireless network.