In order to get a thumbnail preview for the files in Windows 7, follow the following steps:
1. At the top, you can see FILE, EDIT, VIEW, TOOLS, HELP. Here click on VIEW.
2. Here you can see a list of views that you can set for the files:
* EXTRA LARGE ICONS
* LARGE ICONS
* SMALL ICONS
and so on.
You have to select any of the 1st 3 options.I am running a Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I have done both of these and a thumbail preview of the file is still not showing up. It shows up for all of my Corel Draw (cdr.) files but none of the Adobe files. They still show up as the "Adobe" trademark icon. Any ideas?You must have disabled the thumbnails view for the files and folders. To enable it back, do as following:
1. Go to START, next ALL PROGRAMS, then ACCESSORIES.
2. Now WINDOWS EXPLORER has to be run.
3. There, select the ORGANIZE button which is located on the menu/shortcut bar.
4. In the DROP-DOWN menu, select the FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS.
5. Now, in the FOLDER OPTIONS dialog, click on the VIEW tab.
6. Here, the checkbox needs to be checked in ALWAYS SHOW ICONS, NEVER THUMBNAILS OPTION.
7. Finally click on the OK button.