Thread: Zune software doesn't recognize zune player

Zune software doesn't recognize zune player

Hi,

When I plug my zune hd player into the computer, its starts loading but is not recognized in the Zune software or computer. After that, I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the device. If that does not work, what can I do to fix this problem? I have windows vista as my operating system.Why Zune software doesn't recognize zune player ??

Re: Zune software doesn't recognize zune player

Try restarting the Zune hd player by Holding down the button / off for about 15 seconds until the restart of the drive. When the Zune device begins to restart, you can release the buttons. Then Install the latest service pack for Windows. You'll get better reliability in various scenarios by installing this update.

The problem may be with your usb port. Try to connect the Zune hd player to another USB port on the computer. Using a USB port on the back of the computer. Do not use a USB hub. When the Zune player is running again, connect the Zune player to the computer that has installed the Zune software courses. Then, update the device to the latest software.

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have plain Zune 8GB player that has worked well before few days. I have Windows vista operating systems and has been working well all the software. Now when I connect my Zune player, I get a sound that the computer recognizes the device and the player show that its charging, but I cannot see it in the device manager. I tried resarting my pc many times but my problem is not still solved ???

When your connecting the Zune player to the computer port via Zune Sync Cable, you must ensure that both ends of the sync cable are connected properly. The Zune player has to be activated, detected by the computer. If the Zune player is disabled, the system should recognize when it is connected to a power source. If the Zune is not to turn, you can disconnect the player free for 20 minutes and then connect the cable to switch the player again.

There must be conflicts that the USB host controller or USB root hub, to troubleshoot it , follow the below steps :

1. Click Start, click the right mouse button on your computer, and then click Properties.
    2. Click Device Manager.
    3. Expand the USB controller.
    4. Make sure that no errors in the list of USB devices are listed. A yellow exclamation point or a red "X" next to a device indicates errors. If no errors are listed, please contact the manufacturer of your computer.
    5. If the problem is still not resolved, proceed to the next step.
    6. Install the latest Windows service pack. Achieve better reliability in various scenarios by installing this update.