Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AOL problem with windows 7

Re: AOL problem with windows 7

AOL is the most horrible software out there, it has destroyed many PC's, I would dump that as soon as possible and just utilize AOL webmail. A well McAfee is trash too, I would recommend Avast Free. And I can say red x, as you describe, usually means it’s a terrible link to a picture on the web site.

It's not a link to a picture. It happens randomly when I sign on, or I could be doing other things. It's a pop-up that comes up in the middle of my screen like an error message would - except the box is all blank, with the exception of an OK button at the bottom of it and the red X in the upper right-hand corner that you would typically see to shut down whatever it is that you're viewing.

If I'm using another browser (IE or other) and I have AOL running, I can't see the empty box when it pops up, but I know it's there because my system will freeze and then I notice that my taskbar at the bottom of my display will show a running application with the AOL logo and nothing else. So when I click on that, the empty box will come up and I have to click on the OK in the empty box a few times in order to get it to shut down. If I click on the red x in the corner to shut the box down, it shuts down AOL.

I think the problem is in the AOL Connectivity application which is the AOL network adapter GUI. Whenever I start up AOL 9.6 the connection gets to the point where it is updating locations and the empty boxes pop up with OK. Each one must be clicked on for the software to connect to the AOL network.

Has anyone found a resolution to this problem? It drives me crazy to have such a distracting issue while trying to use software. I will also, at times, see the same pop up boxes when I shut down the AOL software.

Its not Windows 7 specific .. I have the same problem with windows Vista ..

Now .. this happened after i upgraded my AOL ... i formatted my PC .. and installed AOL from an old AOL disk i had .. the problem was gone ...

so it seems to be a bug in the software AOL has stored on its servers for people who want to install it from the net .. and it seems to be all their versions .. i deleted my AOL then installed an older version of AOL from AOL's site and i got the little blank box with the button "ok" in it again .. and it would constantly pop up and knock me out of AOL ..

then once again i formatted the laptop .. and installed from an AOL disk and AOL worked fine

The Issue is McAfee, download the McAfee removal tool and this will fix the pop up issue.........

Quote Originally Posted by Wolve View Post
    The Issue is McAfee, download the McAfee removal tool and this will fix the pop up issue.........
    How do you know that the issue is McAfee. Actually there are some white boxe artifacts of AOL's visual effects that is needed to be turned off by going into the option Enhanced AOL Settings that can be found under edit menu. This will fix all the loading issues as well as the artifacts problem that used to happen while login.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12