Thread: How to Reconfigure Viewing Area in Aperture?

How to Reconfigure Viewing Area in Aperture?

Hello, I have a Macbook Pro which is running on Mac OS X Tiger. I use Aperture to edit and view my pictures on my Macbook Pro. It was working fine till i got it updated to the latest version. Now whenever I open a Image to edit it, it does not open properly in the viewing area, the images are slightly out of the viewing area. I want to know How to reconfigure the Viewing area in Aperture? The thumbnails of the Image are in the right place but the images dont open perfectly in the viewing area. If anybody of you are facing the same problem then please let me know the solution.

Re: How to Reconfigure Viewing Area in Aperture?

The Images you are trying to open in the Aperture must be having a greater resolution than that supported by the application. The Thumbnails of the images will always open in proper position as the application crops the original image to display it in thumbnail mode. Check the resolution of the images which you are trying to open and see if the application supports the resolution of the image to edit. If not then change the preferences of the Aperture to support to open the Images which have greater resolution. Once the preferences of the application are set correctly to match the resolution of the images then there will be no problem in opening the images properly in the viewing area.

I think the Zoom is enabled in the application and hence the images are not fitting in the Viewing area properly. Aperture has the setting in it which allows the user to view the images in Zoom mode when they are opened. This is to enable the user to view the Image in bigger resolution and better clarity. Check if the auto Zoom mode is enabled in the Aperture. You can check it by going into the preferences of the Aperture and then checking if the there is Check mark against the Zoom mode. If there is a check mark, you can remove it and see if the Images open properly in the viewing area. You can also disable the Zoom mode by pressing the "Z" key on the Keyboard once.

Were you able to use the Aperture perfectly before upgrading? If yes then there is something wrong with the updated version you are using. Normally whenever any application is updated in Mac system all the preferences and the settings of the application are transferred to the new version. As you are not able to view the Images properly in the viewing section, it seems that the preferences of the earlier version are not transferred properly to the new version which is creating the problem. Try to install the application again and see if the applications works properly.

There is incompatibility issue with the latest version of the Aperture application with the Mac operating system. Many users are facing some problems while using Aperture in Mac OS X Tiger and later. You can report the problem you are facing with Aperture to apple and see if they are able to provide you with the support you need. You can report the problem by Going to the Aperture menu and then by selecting Report to Apple section. Describe the problem which you are facing and the Apple support team members will help you in solving it.

I was also facing the same problems with the Aperture installed on my iMac. The version of the Aperture did not function properly after updating process. I tried many solutions but none helped. Then I tried to dumping the Aperture preferences file from the system. It seems that the preferences of the earlier version are not correctly translated in the new version which makes the application work improperly. Dumping the Preference files deletes all the preferences of the application and when the application is executed again, a new preferences file is created. Hope this post helps in solving the Issue.