Thread: Itunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing

Itunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the latest version of itunes. When I try to install itunes , the installation fails and i get the error message"Itunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall itunes" I have even reinstall it again, booted but nothing happens. I have a windows xp pc. Any help please !!

Re: Itunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing

I think, iTunes is in your black list of your spyware removal software, so when you download some parts of itunes are not copied and removal from the blacklist entry solved the problem. There may also be problems with the resident TeaTimer in Spybot Search & Destry or other defense applications interfering with iTunes. So you need to disable or remove the spyware and antivirus when you are installing the iTunes.

I have got the same problem! I've reinstalled iTunes and QuickTime,but the same problem! I have tried to install separately. no luck !!I have even tried to install an older version of iTunes (7.4) with 7.2 QuickTime, also tried separately, but it gave me the same problem! I've a new iPod classic and I can not use it! anyone has clue?

To install iTunes or QuickTime software, you need to be logged on as administrator on the computer. If you are not sure whether you have administrator access, contact the computer owner or system administrator.

1. Remove all copies of iTunesSetup.exe of this team.
    2. Open Internet Explorer.
    3. Choose Tools> Delete Browsing History.
    4. In the section "Temporary Internet Files" of the resulting window, click Delete Files.
    5. Click Yes
    6. Click Close.
    7. Quit Internet Explorer and open it.
    8. Download and install iTunes again.

If you are getting error, Itunes can't run because some of its required files are missing. Uninstall itunes and reinstall the fresh copy of itunes again. If you get any kind of error in the uninstall process, then use windows system restore to restore your system right before you install iTunes. You can also try Ccleaner to clean you windows corrupt files before installing the itunes.

Same here!
    I solved it by repairing iTunes using the instructions here

ohmy Re: Itunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing

I have just received the same message - all of my songs are on my iphone, but I am worried that if I reinstall my library - will this delete all of my tracks (most I have purchased, so dont want to lose any of my songs....help!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo77 View Post
    I have just received the same message - all of my songs are on my iphone, but I am worried that if I reinstall my library - will this delete all of my tracks (most I have purchased, so dont want to lose any of my songs....help!!
    I think that a repair install of Itunes will solve the issue that you are facing and you wont have to reinstall the iTunes again in your pc. You can repair itunes by going into Add/Remove Programs --> Change option --> Repair and that will do trick for you. Incase if you want to install it again then try to get the latest updated version of itunes and then install it on your pc.

Had the same problem after accidently uninstalling apple component files. Followed Rasdasa's advice, worked perfectly. Apple wanted to charge me for this.

I am pleased that my post to these forums helped someone after a long time. Anyway, thank you so much for replying back. If you are having any other problem then please post that over here. We are always here to help you. Thank you!!!

I just tried following Einstein_007s advice and it worked for me. Thanks

I have tried [I]all[I] of the suggestions here, having installed and uninstalled the newest version of itunes perhaps a dozen times now. Even tried after disabling all anti-virus, etc. Still the same damn message.

Any other ideas? It's a 32 bit Windows XP machine.

How annoying. Worked on one computer but not this one and they are identically configured.

I am litteraly trying everything and I can't get for iTunes to work that stupid message keeps appearing. Is there anything else I could do?!

The only thing which I can recommend that you should reinstall the iTunes on the computer of yours. if still the issue not seems to solved then you should get the latest version of iTunes and see whether it is helping you out.

Panop, iTunes installation consists of numerous services and dependent component applications. Did you reinstall iTunes in the exact same way as Apple recommends, i.e. in particular order for the separate iTunes components?