Thread: Problems with Aperture on Snow Leopard

Problems with Aperture on Snow Leopard

Hello Friends, I have been using Mac system for a quite a long time now. I have a iMac which is powered by Intel Core 2 Duo processor and is installed with Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I use Aperture for viewing and editing photos on my iMac. I was using Aperture 2.0 before, and it was working fine but after I updated the version to 2.1.4, the Aperture gives a Green box instead of Image. It also happens when the image is zoomed in or when the image is cropped. My iMac has 1gb Ram and 64mb onboard video card. It was previously installed with Mac OS X 10.4 which i later upgraded to Snow leopard. Can this problem because of the low configuration of my Imac? Or this is some kind of software issue?

Re: Problems with Aperture on Snow Leopard

Latest software's have higher system requirements. If the system requirements are not fulfilled then the applications dont work properly on the system. I think you are facing the same problem with your iMac. The system requirements for the latest Aperture software must be higher than the current configuration of your iMac and hence you are getting some problems with proper working of the application. Get the system requirements of the Aperture 2.1.4 checked and see if your System meets all the requirement. If the system does not meet the requirement then install the earlier version of the application so that you are able to view and edit the images on your system.

The System RAM and the video card of your iMac are creating the problem in using the application. Aperture 2.1.4 needs a minimum of 1gb of Ram and high end graphics card. As you are having the total memory of the system as 1gb which is not enough to run the application as some of the memory is used in processing some files of the operating system. Increase the RAM and upgrade the video card of the system so that the application works properly on your system.

No i dont think the system configuration of your iMac is creating problem as the Aperture 2.0 was working fine on your system. Both Aperture 2.0 and Aperture 2.1.4 have the system requirements and as version 2.0 was working fine on your system so should the version 2.1.4. I think there was something must have went wrong while the updating process of the software which is creating problem. It is possible that the files which are required for zooming and cropping are missing or have got corrupt and hence the application is displaying Green box instead of the Image. Reinstalling the application will solve the problem.

There is compatibility issue with the version of the Aperture you are using and the operating system on which the iMac is running. Version of the Aperture which are later than 2.0 work fine with the Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5. The application gives some error while working on the operating system which are later than the OS X 10.5. As you are using snow leopard which is later version of OS X 10.6, the application will not work properly. You will either have to revert back to earlier version of the operating system which is 10.4 or have to wait for the fix to be released by the apple.

The problem you are facing is the common bug which is faced by every user of Aperture 2.0 and later with Snow Leopard. Sometimes the application does not allow the image to open and displays a Green box or a graphics broken icon. You can report the bug to Apple by going into Aperture menu and then send a report to apple support regarding the error you are getting. I am sure after getting it to know the problem, apple will be able to provide solutions.