Thread: Windows Mail and Outlook Express

Windows Mail and Outlook Express

My computer with Windows XP. I am currently on another computer where the operating system is Vista. I worked with Outloock Express email client on which I had made several email accounts. Now with the new computer I have Windows Mail. But with Windows Mail I can not have multiple identities! Now why did Microsoft change this feature? Is there any solution? Where can I get Outlook Express?? Because I liked the way it worked. I'm confused with Windows Mail and Outlook Express. Please help...

Re: Windows Mail and Outlook Express

Well, there are no problems to have multiple email addresses managed separately in windows mail. Atleast i had no problems... What are you trying to achieve? Can you detail your problem a bit? May be that could help...

Hello, How do I do that? What is the procedure to do the same? I would like to have separate accounts if they work like that. The only thing which I noticed is that all messages are downloaded from different accounts in one place. And also I'd like to recover old messages that I had under outlook Express. Any advice?

For Windows Mail I do not know how to do it, but you can download Windows Live Mail and it can be used for each account to create a separate folder. That was same with the Outlook Express and it allowed this too. The best way would be to do it by applying filtering rules, but I'm not sure if this is necessary...

So with that I understand I can not have Outlook Express due to which I lose all the messages of different accounts that I had saved. For Windows Live Mail it is mentioned : With Windows Live Mail, you can manage all your e-mail accounts (AOL, Laposte, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo) through a single software. Well, this is just that I don't want! Well no it does not work, try to retrieve the messages saved in a file that is placed on the external HDD from my old computer. And I especially wanted to get my backup messages, contacts. Is there a solution? How can I retrieve emails from Outlook Express?

I can say you you need to try Mozilla's thunderbird email client. Well i don't know how to import Outlook Express Mails in it, but there is some option of Importing it. You can get a tutorial from Mozilla's website for the same. In the meantime if i get the link, will post back...