Thread: Windows Vista working slow on games

Windows Vista working slow on games

Hi,
    My computer is working very slow. I have a Windows Vista computer with 512 of RAM in it. My processor is Intel Pentium 4. I need to figure out the problem which is causing the system to work slow. I had installed Pokemon game in it. But the same is not working so great. The system get freezes when I launch the game and the screen lags in between.

Re: Windows Vista working slow on games

Windows Vista offers a new monitor reliability and performance although useful to generate a performance report comprehensive. I will recommend you to first upgrade your video drivers. It is possible that your driver is an outdated one and which is not able to render the video. Due to which the speed of the system is hampered.

Click on Start and then on Control Panel. Now select Classic View on the left and double-click Administrative Tools. Double click on Reliability Monitor and Performance. This will let you now a lot of information on the services running in the background and memory used by them. Check out what is causing the slow performance of your computer. Try to add more memory.

This Reliability and Performance monitors the reliability and performance monitor for Windows allows real-time monitoring how programs affect the performance of your machine. For this you have different counters available but data monitoring events and information on your configuration. You can generate a report from it and check out the issue.

Here are the steps to generate a report from their Reliability Monitor. To generate a performance report. Here are the steps to follow: Open the Run box with the shortcut Windows key + R. Type perfmon / report and click OK. Then confirm this action by clicking Continue. The collection of data necessary for report generation lasts 60 seconds and then the report is finally generated. You can save the report to HTML from the File menu > Save As.

The report details all the hardware resources, system information, running processes or the time of system responses. Various suggestions were proposed to improve the overall performance of the machine. System security is also addressed such as a possible warning if no anti virus installed. The information will list you Report System Diagnostics ,Results of diagnosis ,Software Setup ,Statistics report , etc.