Thread: Unable installing Java update

Unable installing Java update

Whenever i try to install the java 6 update on my dell inspiron laptop running with windows vista. I can download it pretty easily but would not install it, During the installation a message pops up saying that "The wizard was interrupted before Java(TM) 6 Update 17 could be completely installed. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."Any body know why i am unable to install the java update. Also suggest some solutions for solving this problem.

Re: Unable installing Java update

The symptoms suggest that the java update installations failed and the exact reason for this error is not known but to resolve this you can try to install another copy of offline java download and try to install the update from the offline copy because it is the far more reliable than the update which is installed online.

To solve this problem i think you must try to uninstall all the previous versions of java which are present in your system so download the Revo uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet. Uninstall all the traces of java and then install the java updates again i hope that this will solve your problem.

You need to do the following steps which i have mentioned in order to get rid of this problem

* R-Click on "my computer" and open,
    * Right Click and open C drive.
    * Find and Open "Program files"
    * Open "Java" Right click on it and delete, Send all of its contents to "recycle bin".
    * Then go to Java website and re-install update.

i think you must try to install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 2.5.0.1. Install this software and i think that it might remove all the files related to java in the system. After the removal of these files try to update the java version and i think that this will install the java updates definitely.

You need to install the javara program which is one of the most powerful and convenient alternative to windows add or remove program. You can use it to uninstall and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel. After removing the installed update just update the file again.