Thread: epson 1260 scanner driver in windows Vista

epson 1260 scanner driver in windows Vista

I am having an epson perfection 1260 scanner which works nicely with my old system which is installed with windows 2000. Recently i bought a new compaq desktop which is running with the windows vista. Atlast i decided to install the scanner on my new system but i was unable to find the installation disc. So i could not install the driver so please help me so that i can install epson perfection 1260 scanner driver

Re: epson 1260 scanner driver in windows Vista

The problem hear is that you have lost the installation disc. If you have lost the installation disc then it is quite possible that you can get the scanner driver from any of your friend who is having the same epson scanner you may get the disc from him. Else just visit the manufacturer's website and search for the epson 1260 scanner drivers and install the driver Now, you can use the epson scanner.

I think you should just logon to the manufacturer's website and try to get the driver from there you will definitely get it. Also check the driver for windows vista after installing the driver you can easily scan your document with the help of your scanner. I hope that you can fix this problem soon.

Thank you for replying me friends. I have got the drivers from the manufacturer's website. After installing the drivers i got my scanner working but only with the scanner button unlike as i used the scanner with the windows 2000. Meanwhile i got the cd and installed the drivers but now the scanner is not recognized by the system. please help me.

I think you have not installed the drivers for windows vista so you can get the vista drivers for the above scanner here
    Download and install this driver and you may get rid of this bug. I think that the applications are not compatible with the windows Vista so try to get some other application.

In order to remove the keyboard you will have to remove all the three screws that are present on the black yellow LCD. then lay the lcd backwards with the help of a small flat head screw driver , than lift it up. You will find that there are two screws connected to the keyboard remove both the screw and then you can remove the keyboard.