Thread: Itunes Error 1603 during installation

Itunes Error 1603 during installation

Hi,

I have downloaded the newest version of itunes windows xp machine but I have a no problem during the installation. I get the error message, "Error -1603 A fatal error occurred during the installation." I have tried to install it in Safe Mode, same result. I am administrator of my computer.

Re: Itunes Error 1603 during installation

Try this downloading iRecovery and you will fix everything and I have solved my problem
    1. Open iTunes and connect iPhone via USB.
    2. Turn off the iPhone and put it in DFU mode (Press and leave Home + Power button for 10 seconds exactly and then release the power button pressed, leaving the Home)
    3. iTunes will recognize DFU Mode on your iPhone.
    4. Press Option + Click Restore (Mac) or Shift + Restore (Windows)
    5. For the original 3.0 firmware and press Restore (We'll get the Error (1015), is fine, normal)
    6. Unzip IRecovery and open the terminal on MAC or Windows Comand Prompt and type the following (in the terminal you get in the folder where you downloaded iRecovery) iRecovery-s
    7. Once entered the recovery mode, type in terminal: Fsboot
    8. Once the iPhone restarts you will see that you can only make emergency calls so you just have to activate it and you have the firmware 3.0 on your iPhone.

Maybe with just restarting your Mac or Windows PC can successfully restore your iPhone. Try a different USB port. Connect the iPhone to a different USB port on your Mac or Windows PC. Preferably, the integrated USB 2.0 ports on your computer. After that, try restoring the iPhone in iTunes. Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (Windows only)
    By restarting the Apple Mobile Device Service on Windows XP, you may be able to successfully restore your iPhone. See steps below depending on your version of Windows.
    1. Close iTunes and disconnect iPhone.
    2. Select Start> Control Panel.
    3. Once in the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.
    4. Open Services.
    5. Select Apple Mobile Device and click Stop the service as follows:
    6. When the service is stopped, click Start the service.
    7. When the re-start the Mobile Device Service Apple, open iTunes and connect the iPhone.
    8. Select iPhone in the Source list, click the Summary tab and click Restore.

I think its a windows installer problem, the message "Error 1603: Fatal error during installation" comes if you have directly installed the installer from the cd. Here I have a solution of it, I have noticed that the installation must always copied from the local DVD drive on the pc then installed it .

If you get error 1603, try restarting the Apple Mobile Device Service on Windows XP, it may allow you to successfully restore the iPhone. To do this you need to close iTunes and disconnect iPhone. Go to Start, then Control Panel. In Control Panel, open Administrative Tools. Open Services. Select Apple Mobile Device and click Stop the service. After the service is stopped, click Start the service. After repairing the mobile device from Apple has started again, open iTunes and connect iPhone. Select iPhone in the Source list, click the Summary tab and then click Restore.

When working on your computer and installing a new program, the installation suddenly not. Now they stay with a partly installed program. Try reinstalling the program but to no avail. Or maybe you have problems trying to remove an old program because the files are corrupted installation. Try Windows Installer CleanUp Utility may be able to help.